Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Add To Your Stash Today?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,785 / Views: 223,214Next Topic
Page: of 119
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this in trade from a fellow CCF member in the mail today.
I gave up an 1866 Shield nickel with rays that I no longer needed as I had recently upgraded that slot in my type coin collection.

1986 SLQ Design 999 Silver 1 oz Round
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
313 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this made by Limited Mintage? Your silver round is gorgeous! I have a set of 2 oz. silver rounds of a variety of about a dozen U.S. coin designs, including an SLQ. They have a diameter about the size of a Silver Dollar, and the 2 oz. version is about 1/4 inch think. Their pricing is roughly $7 per oz over spot, with very reasonable shipping.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
08/18/2021 8:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice SLQ Design round, TNG. I didn't even know these existed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see a company or mint indication on the round. I think it is nice too. Don't know anything about it? Thanks though, glad it was a welcome post.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
313 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the 2 oz. version from Limited Mintage (presently priced at $61.39 for the two oz., 39mm wide, just shy of 1/4 inch thick).

All of these rounds are gorgeous, including yours!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
08/18/2021 9:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Googling, I have found that "American Heritage Bullion " sells these rounds. Not sure if they also are the minters.
Learn More...
United States
104689 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice round!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22811 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that 2oz Standing Liberty.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I visited one of my LCS today. Got some Franklin halves @ $19.50 x FV. About 13.5 percent premium over melt.
As I was leaving, I noticed a board of coins in 2x2's. Everything from silver dollars, quarters, a total mix of everything. No prices, only numbers on the 2x2. "What is this?", I ask. The counter person says, "You reach in the bucket of candy and pick one. You get the matching numbered coin written on the wrapper(sharpie). One pick per customer. No charge for candy or coin.
Heck yes, I'm in. Got candy bar 279. The only non coin on the board. Right next to a Peace dollar.
This is it. An elongated nickel I can find nothing about. Only Disney stuff shows up. Appears to be maybe an authentic 1955 obverse, but what the heck is the reverse? The reverse exhibits a very poor representation of a 1972 obverse.
Is anyone familiar with this apparently worthless novelty?
To bad I did not get 278, the Peace dollar.
Surely someone knows background of these. What is with the DA 30?. I would have more ecstatic over a 82 cent.
FYI, it is not flat. Rolled into arc.

Learn More...
United States
104689 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. You may want to post this in its own topic in the Identification forum.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if posted in the correct forum. Perhaps an administrator could find the proper forum so I do not have to retype it all
Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I added 3 2020 Britannia's to my stack. I am a small budget guy. Hundred dollar weekly budget. Spot a little over $22. Took home the Britannia's @ $27.50 ea. + 2 90% quarters and 2 90% dimes. $100.04.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh-oh you were 4c over the budget.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They let me slide.
Page: of 119 Previous TopicReplies: 1,785 / Views: 223,214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05