Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Add To Your Stash Today?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,742 / Views: 214,826Next Topic
Page: of 117
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2012  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Added to sealed silver maples today. 1989 and 1990. $35/each.

I put an offer on ebay yesterday for $37 with free shipping. BIN was $40 shipped which still isn't bad for ebay. Anyways, I had just put in the offer and then realized this seller was in my city. So needless to say I contacted him and we agreed to just meet up somewhere and he would sell for $35 each since he was saving the pay pal fees, the final value fees, the packaging and shipping. He totally understood that I didn't want him to ship me coins since he was in the same town as me. I don't buy from people in the same town, I don't want people who are close to me knowing where I live. Met up with him about an hour ago. Really nice guy, older fella, coin collector and silver investor of over 30 years. Bought in the the late 80's. Said they were expecting the arrival of a new grandson and wanted to buy a crib and stuff for him so decided to sell some silver. Said he had a bit more he was thinking of selling...some ASE and a few other things I'm not 100% sure on. Anyways, A good buy from a nice guy close to home. I told him to give me a shout via ebay if hes looking to sell...I told him great because I'm looking to buy just a few more..LOL

Oh one more thing...I dont need mint sealed...Im just going to crack them into capsules so I can stack in my coin capsule tube....so if you wanted one of these dates mint sealed and want to trade up, let me know. As long as it doesn't cost me anything. PM me if you want details.
Edited by samsnate
12/02/2012 8:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Japan
666 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2012  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bekiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bought boring 2004 1 oz silver proof eagle with coa and box for $45 - my 1st eagle proof ... Now thinking of buying some ASEs at spot, or invest in come Chinese numismatic silver items?!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1200 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2012  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fat Freddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 15 1ozt silver Libertads @ a show yesterday for $2 over spot. Not the deal of a lifetime that'll make everybody else gasp w/ envy, but better than anything Ebay, internet dealers or local dealers were offering.
Plus, best of all-- no kick-in-the-head shipping charges!
Edited by Fat Freddy
12/03/2012 3:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3670 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2012  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverhawk74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like you said FF not Earth shattering but a good solid deal at 2 bucks even out the door after spot and Libertads always carring a nice premium with plenty of collectors....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1200 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2012  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fat Freddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverhawk--I already had 130+ Libertads, but yesterdays batch included my first post-Y2K one. The 80's and 90's ones were about the same diameter as the CSMs and Philharmonics, but the 2000+later ones are about the same diameter as the ASEs. I think the Mexican Casa de Moneda is in league w/ the tube makers and got paid off to unnecessarily complicate storage for stackers.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2012  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Berk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After work this morning I stopped by the LCS and picked up a couple ASE for $36.50 apice, the threw in the air-tites for free

Then I headed over to Menards to pick up the gun cabinet I had ordered on special. I would love one of the high end gun safes, but I can't justify the $1,000+ to buy a nice one.

With a baby on the way my wife wants the guns locked up. I prefer them loaded and under my bed, but it is what it is. The one I bought will get my wife off my back for $69.

If I were to drop the big bucks on a safe I'd want a hidden floor safe that you install into the concrete basement floor. I probably don't need to go to those to protect my 15oz or whatever I currently have, lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
905 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2012  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpg22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Added 20 proof sets from 1959-1964. Hard to call them 90% junk silver but that's what I got them for.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2012  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 merc dimes today but I have been picking up barber halfs for spot got 6 of them so far gonna get some more next week
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
728 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2012  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add epikur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made a subastantial contribution to my stash today. Way over spot of course, but way under what they usually go for...

Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2012  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Berk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Panda coin is cool. What are the dimensions? Could you put something next to it for scale?
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
728 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2012  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add epikur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's massive! Can't believe it's legal tender in China.

Here it is next to a Morgan

Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2003 panda is my favorite panda design, love it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got an orange box, I will start my 3rd 500oz next year

Pillar of the Community
United States
1200 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fat Freddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverbug---Your photo hit home with me. As fate would have it, I'll be done filling up my yellow box soon and I just bought a blue box+tube set. The convenience of being able to store CSMs, Philharmonics and 80's/90's Libertads in those tubes is hard to beat.
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blackjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was glad to pick up four ASE's on Saturday, but today I want more!
Page: of 117 Previous TopicReplies: 1,742 / Views: 214,826Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05