Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Small Dollar Roll Searching  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 39
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up a box of dollars today. First roll yielded a wounded eagle and a Wide Rim 1979 SBA. Hope it continues!
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My box tonight had three rolls straight from the Mint with 2000-D Sacajawea dollars. Wonder if there are any MS69's in there.
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Edited by shotgung
01/12/2018 6:59 pm
Learn More...
United States
12599 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2018  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up some small dollars from my bank Monday, and finally had/took the time to go through the bag.

Out of 1375 small dollar coins:
3 were impaired Presidential proofs: William Henry Harrison, Andrew Johnson, and well worn/well used Rutherford B Hayes
1 impaired proof 2003-S SAC$
1 2013 Canadian Dollar
1 James Polk Dollar with a hole for a necklace
137 SBA$
612 SAC/NA$
620 Pre$

FYI - the Rutherford B Hayes impaired proof: the S mintmark was the Only gave away it had been once been a proof. I will probably spend this coin.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  07:49 am  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No wounded eagles Fuzzy? When I get the boxes, I look for those, wide rim SBA's then varieties on the Presidentials. After reading an article on the missing lettering, now I hold the rolls and look at the edges to make sure I'm not missing any of those.
Learn More...
United States
12599 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't really look for most varieties. I mainly just look for missing edge lettering.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered a box of dollars today and will have them on Thursday. Will see what I end up with!
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In order:
1. circulation, coin roll hunting. I've been going through 2 boxes of halves, and 2 boxes of another coin type each week.
2. Facebook. I have a saved search for "coins" in the marketplace. I pick some some deals and small collections off Facebook about 6 times a year, but I check my search daily to be on top of potential deals.
3. I go to the Fort Wayne, IN coin show once a year.
4. A local coin shop.

Circulation is my favor because its a hobby and its virtually free or slightly profitable. Coin roll hunting is fun to do with my boy!
Facebook and Craigslist take consistancy, but the deals are out there.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bank forgot to order my box of dollars but they just got in $350 from an elderly lady so I took those to see what I can find. Will report back tonight.
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No luck on the $350.
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered a box of dollars yesterday through Comerica, will be here next Thursday. BofA did say they had a box so I will try to pick that box up after work and go through them tonight!
Edited by shotgung
03/09/2018 1:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  07:52 am  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went and picked up $600 in small dollars. First $300 were a bust. Second $300 yielded a 2000-P SAC Wounded Eagle, I'm guessing MS65 maybe pushing 66 and a 2008-D Andrew Jackson DDR-001. Not bad. Getting $1000 tomorrow so will see what that holds!
Page: of 39 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05