Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 ATB S-Mint Business Strike Mintage

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 169 / Views: 16,523Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2013  03:40 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the 'sudden sold out' of the 2012-S coins motivated many collectors/speculators to buy the 2013-S. We should see a spike in sell of the next few coins...... it would be very interesting if the Mint to implement "mint to demand" policy for the these ATB-S coins (let say 3 months per design, when the new design come out, the old one ended)..... the unpredictable mintage will make it VERY interesting to collect & will discourage speculators..... hehehehe.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2013  02:15 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seemed like the secondary market (eBay) kind of settling down after the short spike caused by the sold out of 2012-S ATB Quarters. The market haven't pick up like other scenario.
Interesting not: El Yunque still command the highest price, despite it is NOT the one with the lowest mintage.

I guess we have to wait and see how the mintage of 2013-S ATB Quarters finally be, this will have the biggest impact on 2012-S.
Also, the collecting population doesn't seemed to catch on yet (as some major coin publication didn't mentioned the sell out).

Anyone else have any thought.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2013  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add extraleafquarter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A Mint Sales report states that the USM through 3/4/13 has sold 984,900 "S" Unc. White Mt. ATB Quarters. At this rate, this 2013 issue "S" should easily exceed any of the 5 2012 S Inc. quarters. Comments.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2013  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I totally agree.

*+*Bruce*+*
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2013  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At this rate, this 2013 issue "S" should easily exceed any of the 5 2012 S Inc. quarters.

Don't they only make them for a limited time?

Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2013  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, although they bring a small premium, I dont think that they will ever greatly appreciate like key dates from classic coin sets (1916D Mercury dime). These are going to follow the exact same path of the NIFC Kennedy's, unless San Fran opens for circulation mintage (like Philly and Denver). If that happens we could see these "early date" series becoming more valuable.But, people are hoarding them in an uncirculated state, which in the future would leave too many high grade examples to bring a larger premium in future. Thoughts?
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2013  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add extraleafquarter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep posted on the USM sales of "S" Unc. 2013 White Mt. ABT quarters to see if their mintage exceeds the typical 1.4 M mintage of most of the 2012 "S" Unc ATB Quarters. As of 3/11/13 it has been reported that the sales figure for the 2013 "S" coin is 1,088,240. That coin has been offered for only a short period of time. Interesting.....
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2013  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question: Will they stop making the White Mountain quarter when they begin making the Perry's Victory quarter?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2013  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume not, per 2012 precedence; unless the have a fix mintage set beforehand.
I thought USM said that each coin is available to the public for one year (from the day it was released).

*+*Bruce*+*
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2013  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2013 s quarters will be great in the future I guess. Has anyone bought three set quarters with all three mint? It's the cheapest in terms of roll. I think the 100 coin bag is cheaper still though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
724 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2013  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdrosophila to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A total of 1,070,980 coins of 2013 S white mountain quarter were sold, through March 18, 2013.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  02:31 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the mint keep its words that each coin will be available for 1yr, from the day it released then I'm confident that the 2013-S ATB will have a mintage of at least 3 millions (mainly caused by those buying rolls/bags).

*+*Bruce*+*
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2013  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like the 2012 S mintage will be higher than 2012, but still low compared to the P & D mints.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2013  02:26 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@matchbox: You mean 2013-S is higher than 2012-S but still lower than 2013-P/D?

*+*Bruce*+*
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2013  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@matchbox: You mean 2013-S is higher than 2012-S but still lower than 2013-P/D?

Yes, typo, sorry. Thanks for the correction.

Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 169 / Views: 16,523Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05