Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

If You Are Interested In Platinum And Palladium

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 154 / Views: 24,104Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
3789 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My friends, palladium is a perfect example of why I LOVE trends in all sorts of asset classes.

As time goes on, as more yearly highs get hit, the smoother and stronger the up trend becomes. Conversely, when a downtrend starts and picks up steam, it also does the same.

In the case of palladium, we can see how over time, the trend got stronger, the dips became shallow and were quickly bought up. As key levels where hit where no overhead supply ( overhead supply as in price having no memory), prices accelerated.

THAT is why trend following works and you can make tons of money until it dies.

My hope is at some soul bought palladium, whether the ETF or some coins and enjoyed this beautiful uptrend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3789 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
whatever you people do, stay the heck away from platinum, its going lower still....

for now, buy the dips in palladium if you feel like it...
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notsure to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yup, how long would you stay away from platinum?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3789 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2017  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@notsure

I would stay away until price shows that its done going down.

How low will it go? I dont know, thats why I would avoid it. Trends, once they pick up steam, they continue to go in that path of least resistance for a LONG time.

Platinum is caught in a downtrend now that its hitting yearly lows and one should expect this downtrend to continue.

Eventually it will stop but that could take years. It will take time to stop this momentum to the down side.

For me, platinum is a sell. There will be counter trend rallies as it drops and this should be expected but they will not signal an all clear to buy platinum.

You are better off looking at Palladium. Remember, no price is to high to buy. That is NOT to say you rush out and buy palladium, mortgage the house, farm and kids and buy NOW. Rather you want to looking assets that are rising and then patiently wait for a proper entry, such as, if you wish, a pull back.

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notsure to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you yup.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3789 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2018  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Palladium continues to move higher in 2018.

Do you see why I like trends, why you should be a buyer of uptrends, in the case of palladium and a seller, or avoid, downtrends, such as in platinum. Price is truth and it never lies.

I hope to god some soul or two bought some palladium last year and made some money on this gift from the market.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1776 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that post, Gothic -- I didn't know there were any platinum coins until much more recently. A shame it's not in my budget.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

They were not widely accepted back in the early 1800's in Russia. Apparently they were re-struck later when Stalin was looking to raise some cash.

Counterfeiters would use gold coated platinum--even earlier than this one. Some of the contemporary fakes are now worth more than the originals.

https://coinweek.com/counterfeits/t...n-isabel-ii/

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17185 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the last month or so, I have developed a very close interest in platinum, palladium and gold.
While I am alive, I can't get away from it.
Maybe in death I can.

I have had the misfortune to suffer a severe tooth collapse, and now have a dental crown composed of all three metals. The crown has cost me nearly $2,000. A high strength porcelain crown, which I would have preferred, could not be used.

When I kick the bucket, my kids now have to go through the messy negotiation process of recovery of it after I have been cremated. The crown does not belong to the crematorium authorities, but they will keep it if you don't tell them.

It is even more valuable, because it has recycle value, and the alloy proportions do not have to be changed. There is just enough gold it it to have a slightly yellow tinge, to match tooth color as closely as practicable.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow--interesting yet painful story.

Perhaps the kids shouldn't wait, but just saying :)

gJTsIRKwFqc

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17185 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The high melt temperature is one of the reasons why, if you already have the right alloy, you simply re cycle it. That tends to make the alloy more valuable than the sum value of it's components.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3552 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few decades ago people used to say that the human body had $5 worth of chemicals in it. At least in your case, that figure is now considerably more.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Were the PCI slabs so bad they would even tone $PLAT? Or maybe just a god awful pic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ameri....m1438.l2649
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photo of the 99 coin now posted.
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 154 / Views: 24,104Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05