Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Proof Maria Theresa Thaler?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 406 / Views: 70,176Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1255 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Harrier48, welcome to join the discussions.

Can you show some pictures of your coins?
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MTTFan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great inquiry! I am not familiar with a coin that is missing "ET" on the edge. If it is a very new and shiny example, it would certainly be interesting to see a picture. On older coins edge wear is certainly a possibility as well as other ones.
On the inverted edge wording, such is a fairly well known but scarce variety. I have found them mostly in Vienna Mint packs of the MTT. These would be the vertical packs and I believe they date from about 2002-2004. Interestingly they come as either H60 or H61a in the Hafner numbering (with 2 dots on shield and without the dots). The one without the dots seems to be the scarcer of the two. Finding them with and without the dots is also significant as it may mean that H60 and H61a are not successive coins chronologically but may well be just two different die variations of relatively contemporaneous minting. I have no hard evidence of this. Many folks do not know about this error, so it is possible to find them in groups of MTT. Good Eye!
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MTTFan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonghinghi, somehow I missed your helpful reply to my post from 2018. You collection survey on the reverse dots is interesting indeed! Thank you! I had thought that no one replied!
Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1255 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MTTFan, thank you your kind words. All the Bests to you.

I am waiting for more specimens and questions so as to recall my focus and interest in this theme.
United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harrier48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to you all for showing interest in this MTT enquiry. I am new to uploading photos and have struggled to get even the poor attempts attached. I have checked the thicknesses of my two coins and they are 2.8mm and 2.9mm so substantially thicker than the 2.5mm I understand they are meant to be. So may well be fakes but the faces appear correct. Your comment MTTFAN correlates well with earlier comments on this thread (Wonghinghi & Austrokiwi) dated 24.01.2013 and 20.02.2013. So maybe not fakes! Thanks again.

United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harrier48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully two superior photos of the reverse side of each coin.

Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1255 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both coins are real to me. They are commemorative coins rather than circulating. Though no 'ET' letters' present, they are not error coins at all. I don't own such modern MTT, just my idea here.
United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harrier48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For Information: I have sacrificed these two modern MTTs as described above and tested for 833 silver and have found that they are NOT silver. They are silver plated on top of what I guess to be stainless steel. So tread carefully if buying the newer versions. They are very good copies (could they be cheap commemorative copies produced by the Vienna Mint?) and appear correct iro diameter and sometimes weight. There appears to be two common denominators to tell that they are not silver, these being: the letters ET are missing on the edge inscription and the coin thickness is 2.8/2.9mm when it should be 2.5mm.
Russian Federation
5 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add az2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All.
Is it H27a Guenzburg 1781-88?
42.1mm, 27.96g.
There are some differences in samples theresia name, numismatik-cafe at.

H37b Venice 1817-33?
39.5mm 27.96g

H21 Vienna 1800?
39.9-41.1mm,28.09g.

Edited by az2002
10/19/2021 03:50 am
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1255 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@az2002, I agree with your 37b piece. 27a is very likely and agreed. No idea on H21.
Russian Federation
5 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add az2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may be H19, may be H21. Depends on the cross after 1780.
It is larger then modern and narower then H27.

Russian Federation
5 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add az2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another H19. Diffrent dots in beaks, diffrent hair, diffrent edge. But the same variant.
40.9-41.5 mm 27.94 gr

Russian Federation
5 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add az2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like damaged modern restrike, but I think there was a second dot after the cross.
H41 Venice 1840-66

Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 406 / Views: 70,176Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: