Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian Collectors Where Are You?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
Australia
52 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2017  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there!

I am from Melbourne, Victoria.
Only collecting Australian decimal coins.

Any other collectors in Australia sharing the same interest.

Thanks.

John
Edited by johnny1989
01/08/2017 03:26 am
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chookcity to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
Now in the US, dropping in after a long absence.
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Icewrx03 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Central QLD Here
New to the scene
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not sure if it is for collectors that are Australian (I'm not) or collectors of Australian coins (I am). Or at least Australian bullion.

There is enough Australian bullion to be nearly a full time collecting job, without getting into any circulating coinage.

The designs are always beautiful, the coins always high quality. What more can you ask for?
Learn More...
United States
13000 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  10:58 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
crazyglue you are in the right place this is for those who collect Australian coins, banknotes, bullion, etc.
It doe not mater which country you are from.
I am an expat from Canberra, but I live in the US now but I collect Australian coins banknotes bullion etc.
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks rggoodie! I appreciate the warm reply. I look forward to reading and sharing!
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5108 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Born in Bundy, but now live in Brissie.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2017  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chindonly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a beginner collector, in Brisbane
Learn More...
United States
13000 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2017  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Learn More...
United States
13000 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2017  08:58 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In response to an email I received. The purpose of this poll was not to know where you were born.
The purpose is to determine what country you currently live in.

This has given some forum members hope as they thought they were lone voices in the wilderness out side of Australia collecting these unique and often beautiful coins and bank notes.
Valued Member
Australia
93 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2017  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UberDan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Koalas are one of my favourite animals. Need I say more?

Sadly there aren't many of those left nowadays. There is quite an excitement when one is spotted in literally the country that is famous for them. It's kind of like how people go to China to see pandas... poor tourists, don't know that they have like a 5% chance of seeing one.

Nice thoughts but this has nothing to do with the thread other than copying an old post and stating a view.
This thread is for location of Australian Collectors
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2017  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wise Schrock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to get a $5 coin but I don't know where to find it in Canada.
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin onion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone

I am from Brisbane. Collecting Australian decimals. I have been reading the discussion forums for a while so I have decided to join!
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Misterpostman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in the USA, and am a bit of a collector of Australian coins. I mostly like somewhat common classic Aussie silver coins like 1945 and earlier florins (sterling silver) and 1966 50 cent rounds (80%)
I also have a 1937 King George VI Crown (might get a 1938 someday), and 1927 Parmliament house florin, and several Australian pennies from the 20's and 30's (no 1930) I admire the beauty of the modern Perth Mint coins, but the high prices have discouraged me so far.
A bit of Aussie style stirring......... tell me again why the 2 dollar coin is smaller than the 1 dollar coin.............lol
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5108 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I admire the beauty of the modern Perth Mint coins
I guess you do realize that modern Perth Mint coins are all NCLT. Sometimes referred to as 'Grannie Bait'.

Some (most) are really beautiful coins but like you say, the prices are rather off putting.

RGG, Sorry for going off-topic.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Edited by Nevol
10/30/2017 7:49 pm
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05