Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Happens To Gold And Silver Next? Look Out Below?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 369
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2013  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arcticsparky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll have to be a scuba instructor next, when we're underwater.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2013  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a fun thread. And this is why I don't put much into pure bullion anymore. Get semi numismatic bullion at bullion price, then just wait. If PMs fall, you can sell the numismatic value with some patience. If PMs rise, you sell the PM rise + whatever bonus you get with the collector value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1453 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2013  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do the same, Po. I won't say one way or another is an inherently better strategy as an investment vehicle; but numismatic silver is simply more enjoyably to collect (IMO) because of its diversity, especially if you move beyond any one particular domestic market.
Edited by traevin
03/06/2013 3:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2013  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I very much enjoy collecting silver and gold proof coins from gov and private mints very much! THis is a GREAT hobby to relax with.

There is a lot of beautiful high quality coins out at the moment. Even some of the non-proof issues are so nice, such as the Canada wildlife series.

However, IF I was putting away physical silver and gold for investment, I would not be buying these dips as experience in trading tells me much lower prices are to be had down the road.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2013  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
don't matter if there is a dip if you chose right.
e.g. price for mongolian ural owl, canadian timber wolf SML, pre 2011 silver and gold pandas, etc., have all maintained their pre-dip prices, and they were all once sold for much closer to spot. Gold can fall as low as it wants to, it won't stop me from getting $3700 for a proof gold maple leaf fractional set when I need to liquidate like I just did last week (that's $2000/oz).
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2013  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats exactly what I have said all along. I will keep buying silver and gold proof coins no matter the price of these metals,,, if they go down or up, I have always been a steady collector of proof silver and gold coins. :D
Valued Member
Australia
442 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2013  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kg5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As an Aussie looking at PMs there is one calculation that I can pencil in and that is the Australian Dollars is going to end up at 80c USA once the dust settles. If I buy at $1.05 USA in gives me some room.

But who am I? All I am a person that has to sell one type of collectible asset because of possible environmental damage and needs to find another place to invest so PMs look like the go.

Gold oz does look good to this Aussie!
Edited by kg5
03/08/2013 12:15 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3670 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2013  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverhawk74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally am a very IMPATIENT person so as such to be honest I grew board with SIDEWAYS movement. I give little thought to PMs these days as yet every week or so when I check spot price gold seems to be at 1578 and silver 28.75 lol....

Now the patient folk will probably prosper in the long run when things ever get better or worse, as I still see pms as solid investment via long term.....

I saw today where a certain nation was tossing out some nuke threats and obviously war talk or politics has no place here in this forum or discussion, but I think the point that all it takes is one major stick in the spokes via war or natural disaster to throw off the entire balance of the planet and change everything fast....
Edited by Silverhawk74
03/08/2013 02:02 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12369 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2013  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I saw today where a certain nation was tossing out some nuke threats and obviously war talk or politics has no place here in this forum or discussion, but I think the point that all it takes is one major stick in the spokes via war or natural disaster to throw off the entire balance of the planet and change everything fast....

Thats true about the one major event, but as far as North Korea goes its a non issue they dont have the technology and even China comes down on them when they go that far off the edge. They only exist because as of now China allows them too.

Buying in case of war or something like that would be more prepping or hedging your bet so to speak which does have merit of its own. Which is why its important for everyone to personally understand why it is theyre buying. For investing its not really a great time to buy, for prepping its always a great time so really your personal reasons dictate the course you should be taking.

Getting bored of waiting is also something I'másure weve all experienced at some point
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2013  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add everything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, sideways for awhile, maybe a nice summer dip, and maybe new lows as well. I'll also disagree and say, yes the economy is juiced, even China a huge world trader has done QE to keep it's GDP at such high levels to sustain it's addiction and need for continued economic growth. China and U.S. can't help their luck, they are leaders in the consumeristic realm. Yes, governments are juicing the markets by making money easy and cheap to borrow, thus capitalizing the business cycle's which are ramping up now. Look how much credit card debt has been written off, RE write offs, bankruptcies, it's time to spend again whether you got it or not, hedge your bets on cheaply borrowed money. This society is all about borrowing, monetary easing, and fractional lending, we are addicted to recessions. Lol, if war, stack lead ignots, maybe aluminum, nickel. I think the currency wars will hold PM's up more than we think. During the 2009 crash investors sucked up all the excess PM inventory. Until central banks stop stacking, the herds of sheep will continue to follow in lockstep.
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2013  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add miggs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the market is ALWAYS right

This would be exact in a truly free and transparent market,
which is not the case at least with commodities...
High Frequency Trading makes this idea an oxymoron.
Valued Member
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2013  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollar2011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I would advise all of you to start collecting nickel.
Your next door neighbor doesn't know much about it compared to silver.
It is more important than silver in tough times, (yes, happened in WW2 when War Nickels were 35% silver) and also in the fabrication of steel.
Yet, a few pounds can be worth hundreds and could be easily moved versus pure copper which is easier to find nowadays.

The reason that most of you are investing in gold and silver is through being affected by huge marketing campaigns especially by coin dealers, I even considered myself as a financial analyst when silver was hot, believing that I knew so much about the economy compared to my colleagues.

Sorry about the CAPS but,
SELL WHEN OTHERS ARE BUYING IN,
This is the only opportunity to make a profit, very important when more people know about silver and gold kinda kind coin roll hunting.

Should be a better idea to invest in something more profitable such as tech stocks and even silver companies.

Anyways, gotta go to class lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2013  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but HFT has nothing to do with prices. ... and dont ever expect the SEC or any agency to ever do anything about it.

HFT is a catch word phrase put out by the financial media to sell headlines and thats all. Dont kid yourself, those machines are programmed by the same traders who would be on a desk.

In fact, HFT has more to do with capturing the various places market orders are placed, rather than the price of commods or other assets.
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2013  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add miggs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry, but HFT has nothing to do with prices

Really?
You should read this and you'll might want to post a different comment

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...ntal-reality
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2013  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im anot sure where I last left off in this discussion so I;ll have to comb back for any repies ima missing but-

it appears after a month of sideways narrow range bound trade, we have resolved this move, and its lower. I would say silver will in the coming weeks and months want to test its yearly lows,,, at which point should be very interesting.

Dip buyers, you have been warned for weeks now by the price action.... Buying dips works until it doesn't. Better to let the trend play out going forward before making big purchases (IE boxes, 1000+ oz) theres no need to get nicked or worst yet, find an asset you are looking to make money in the future, start out underwater.
Page: of 369 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 11.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05