Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Happens To Gold And Silver Next? Look Out Below?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 369
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with several of you, such as baseball, even tho I disagree with his point that the US wont be iron clad dominant at some point, I do agree with him on many points, and he gets it in several aspects with in regards to the movements of gold and silver.

And Arksun here I tend to agree with- if you are talking super longgggggg term, I dont think holding silver and gold is a bad thing. He has many valid points that I agree with.

But being a trader, my concern is the trend and the trend is saying lower prices will be here so wait for a much lower flush to really pick up some pieces,, in my case I will use my expertise and knowledge for my collection of world silver and gold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with several of you, such as baseball, even tho I disagree with his point that the US wont be iron clad dominant at some point, I do agree with him on many points, and he gets it in several aspects with in regards to the movements of gold and silver.

And Arksun here I tend to agree with- if you are talking super longgggggg term, I dont think holding silver and gold is a bad thing. He has many valid points that I agree with.

But being a trader, my concern is the trend and the trend is saying lower prices will be here so wait for a much lower flush to really pick up some pieces,, in my case I will use my expertise and knowledge for my collection of world silver and gold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4742 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the trend is saying lower prices will be here so wait for a much lower flush to really pick up some pieces

Not that you're making a prediction or anything, though...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, unfortunately and sadly, since none of you have sat on a trading desk, understand patterns, none of you will be able go grasp that trend trading is not about predicting...... but its not my job and this is not the forum to go on educating others about decades of experince.

Not once have I said silver and gold are going to X. I solely follow the trend which is lower prices. I am not in the prediction business, I dont make money that way. I make, have and continue to make $$$ by sitting on a trend and following it until the trend changes.

But see, none of you watch the tape for 8+ hours 5 days a week. None of you understand the day to day of the markets behavior. None of you hear what the other desks and floors are saying.... and even if you did, because you are not immeresed in this day in and day out, you will never see eye to eye with me AND I dont expect most or any of you to see the clear logical movement of prices.

Let me make this clear to you also- I dont care if you think I am cocky, I dont care if you dont like that I am quick to point out where you are wrong, I dont care if you even like me. I really dont. I dont care... I love you all just the same and view you as my fellow coin collectors that is our common bond,,, no one said we would agree on everything outside of that..., and I respect your opinions and you are free to think what you want about me, even if its wrong.. even if you disagree with me....but when it comes to trading and trends, this is where I live and I wont budge from stating that silver and gold remain in a downtrend until they show otherwise in price and volume.

the whole point in my post was to offer guide points in this downtrend where buying in small amounts would be good. We are not there yet.

I am not trolling, I only wish folks to go slow with their purchases seeing that the downtrend is so strong, we can see much lower prices...... I dont have a vested interested but in only helping fellow coin collectors, even if I am not stacking... and,, none of you, no matter how much you disagree with me or dislike me, I really am not bothered at all by that. :)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
90 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arksun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I've always been curious about is why the ratio between gold and silver changed so dramatically?. In the past it used to be 15/1 price difference, these days it's more like 57/1. Why did that happen, and is it feasible that we could see a return to a 15/1 ratio with gold at higher levels...
Valued Member
Canada
305 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Whitetail Junkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with yup7676...I've been holding off,because of the current downward trend!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why did that happen, and is it feasible that we could see a return to a 15/1 ratio with gold at higher levels...

Its just the price difference. Gold went from about 300 to about 1500 right now which is 5 times its value, while silver went from about 5 to about 27 right now which is about 5 times its value. Its just the lower price of silver that will never be able to keep up with the dollar gains in gold even though it will match it percentage wise if not out perform it in that regard.

I dont see anyway we see the 15/1 with the higher prices. Silver has never gotten must above that 50 dollar mark and it would have to hit 100 right now for that. If it hit 100 theres no way gold wouldnt be moving too making silver have to go even higher to meet the ratio
Fire A.J. Preller
Edited by basebal21
04/11/2013 9:38 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
90 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arksun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been interesting looking at the industrial demand for silver. Use in electronics is steadily increasing, but so far that's been offset by the decline in use for photography. That'll eventually bottom out though whilst electronic,medical and other uses will continue to go up. No signs yet of supply being an issue though. Watching the market news and the small fluctuations can get weirdly addictive.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
834 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swrbxxx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why are people holding off on buying?
There is money to be made.

Ebay prices are still in the mid 30's-40's
Ive been getting on average $50 oz, some pieces are selling for 60-$100 a oz

Let me tell you, I just turned 60oz of silver into 100oz this week.
I will turn that 100oz into 200oz.

This downward trend is the perfect time to jump in do some eBay searches find those pieces that sell well and add to your stack for free.

and with
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And so here we have the swift move down again... the moves are being more fast and furious to the downside.

Watch closely to see how silver and gold deal with yearly lows. We are looking for heavy volume to the downside, followed by more selling pressure at the yearly low.

the most important thing now is to again, watch the price and volume before stepping in.

Finally, so wheres the guy who said the prices had rebounded? Didn't I tell you I would be right? Did I not say prices would retrace?

Now you can see why I said to stay away from buying all the dips, because its going to get tiring financially to keep buying the dips and seeing the point where you bought at, go lower.

Folks, please be careful and nibble only.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full disclosure- I have a line short in silver as of this morning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMs (and oil) dropping quite a bit now. Gold under 1500 silver in the $26 range
Valued Member
United Kingdom
90 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arksun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, dropping fast today! Can't say I'm too disappointed I didn't wait though as I didnt buy much, maybe when the overall downward trend starts to slow down and level off I might buy again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hoping that the PMs will be availble with this huge drop without large premiums or not at all. Anyone have any luck?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
548 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Demarco Bishopp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I wonder whether this is just the low point for the year and come September will see it rising again like last year.
Page: of 369 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 12.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05