Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Be A Part Of History Design The CCF Token !

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 209 / Views: 18,253Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nohope, great idea and contest.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20591 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great contest! Since I have the artistic ability of a chunk of granite, I will be enjoying this one from a distance. Looking forward to owning one of those tokens!
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Frazzle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay,Ill give it a shot..not perfect but you get the idea

Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cheezyfryes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome idea! I'm gonna give it a go.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, heres my idea - like the romans - a monogram in a wreath with writing around it.

EDIT: To clarify, this would be intended for a reverse!

The monogram says COIN COMMUNITY. Fs dont render very well in monogram form and I wanted to keep a vague symmetry.

I dont know what you could put round the outside - GLORIA PECVNIA FOVRM? Or GLORY TO THE MODERATORS. Or something like that. I dont know. I couldnt render writing around the wreath. also, the wreath design doesn't belong to me but was on a free clipart website. Its a hole filler.

AD FORVM CONDITA 8? (the romans measured time in AUC - Ad Urba Condita, since the founding of Rome). another roman time measurement used here - IMP BOBBICVS P F AVG NOB C P P COS VII could be the obverse! Well, it probably shouldnt be. Should be something modern I reckon.

Anyway, here it is, monogram in wreath, no text:

And without the crummy wreath:

Edited by Ben
03/11/2013 6:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cheezyfryes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question: Are we supposed to simply post our ideas here as we come up with them, or Private Message them to you, nohope? How will they be arranged for reviewing/voting purposes?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post your designs here please specify obverse or reverse. once the contest has closed I will gather all the drawings together and post two separate poll one for the Obverse and one for the Reverse.
I will number each design and you vote for the number of the design that you like best. I'm trying to keep it simple. I really hope to have 20 to thirty designs to choose from for each size by the end of the month.
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I gave it a shot.

The left hand side is the obverse, the right hand side is the reverse.

The toned areas are intended to be a raised textured surface with the lettering recessed. The white areas are the field with the lettering raised.

Graphically I wanted to play off a positive/negative approach using CCF as the focal point.

The message on the obverse acknowledges the forum and its main strengths and the message on the reverse celebrates the eighth anniversary of the forum (I got that right, didn't I?) and provides the web address. (If these tokens are given out to nonmembers they'll know where they need to go.)

Finally "Gaudio et Collingendis" is my best attempt at writing "Joy and Collecting" in Latin. (I think every coin/token needs a bit of Latin.)

Edited by NJ Bob
03/11/2013 9:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow awesome idea! Ill work on a few designs.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I like it NJ Bob!
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2013  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xZACKx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2013  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work NJ Bob...instead of "Joy AND Collecting" how about "Joy OF Collecting"?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2013  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ATTN: Someone with knowledge of Latin better than Google translate, the following would be nice on the token:
"brothers and sisters in the knowledge of coins"
or something to that effect. I was trying that with Google translate but the translation did not look right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2013  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
instead of "Joy AND Collecting" how about "Joy OF Collecting"?

I thought of that first but the word "and" seems to make the joy wider and not exclusively the result of collecting. Actually, I'd be open to anything that basically says, "collecting is fun".

Quote:
Someone with knowledge of Latin better than Google translate

My Latin isn't completely limited to Google, I knew about three or four words but none of them had anything to do with coins or collecting.
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 209 / Views: 18,253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05