Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Roll Hunting

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86
Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2017  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angemon_1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently went through $40 in Canadian nickels. Found a 1946 USA, 23 regular USAs, a 1964 Swiss 20 rappen and 91 99.9 Ni Nickels.
I went to return them in the coin counting machine at the local Credit Union. It kept rejecting two nickels, a 1993 that looked pretty messed up and a 1998 that looked like it should have taken it. I took a closer look, and low and behold it had a silver look to it. I took it home, and studied it closer. It weighed a full gram more than what a 1998 nickel should weigh. Even though nickels from 1982-2001 (non P mintmarked) aren't magnetic, I did the slide test with my rare earth magnet. It acted just like normal silver coins do. I can only conclude that it was from a proof set, which means that it's made of sterling silver
Never thought I'd come across a silver nickel!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
635 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2017  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great find from a roll. Congrats! That will make you want to keep searching for sure. Glad the machine flagged it for you or it might have slipped away.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a damp drizzling kind of day here, so I thought I would get some rolls to search. I was going to get toonies but the bank was short on them so I decided to get two hundred dollars of quarters and for a change get fifty dollars in dimes. I lucked out with the dimes. In one roll I found a 1962,1963 and 1968 silvers. I can only hope the luck continues with the quarters
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I lucked out with the dimes. In one roll I found a 1962,1963 and 1968 silvers.
Very nice!
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianNumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went back to coin roll hunting after a few months due to life getting in the way, but recently I got $50 in dimes and I found this 1954 Canadian silver dime. It is rare to get silver dimes from the '50s, usually they are from the '60s.

Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2017  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found this 1954 Canadian silver dime. It is rare to get silver dimes from the '50s, usually they are from the '60s.
Nice find!
Canada
48 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JBU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's your 1954 heavily circulated silver dime worth, bullion value?
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2017  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CurrencyLooker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1925 penny in a Coinstar with a bunch of modern pennies.
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darcyrmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a box of quarters and dimes the other day - been a while since I'd gone CRHing.. I needed to refill my trading stock of commemorative quarters for my European friends, plus the wife and I are probably headed to Vegas in May so I'm looking to get some US money at Canadian prices..

Results:
Box of dimes - 2503 coins (always a few rolls that have more than 50 coins)
31 US dimes
1 1960 silver
1 1968 silver

Box of quarters - old paper wrapped from mint, but pre-ARP... - 2000 coins
38 US quarters
1 UK 10p
3 wonderful coloured 2015 poppies (only found 3 of these in the wild so far)
and almost fell over from
1 1937(!!) silver.. (quite worn, but still)
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2018  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darcyrmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried another box of quarters and dimes..

Box of dimes - 2531 coins
81 US dimes (one roll of 45 alone was a nice boost)
1 1968 silver
1 Barbados 10 cents

Box of quarters - 2002 coins
40 US quarters
1 coloured 2015 poppy quarter
and from some doofus ripping off the next person - (a group of five similarly wrapped rolls, one coin off in each roll) - instead of a quarter, there was:
2 rolls with a Canadian 5 cents coin
2 rolls with a Mexico 1 peso coin
1 roll with a New Zealand 10 cents coin
Edited by darcyrmt
02/02/2018 03:59 am
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2018  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

I would have not minded the NZ 10 cents since I do not have one.
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darcyrmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Third run of quarters and dimes, probably going to do it just one more time after this - pretty binged out..

Box of dimes - 2500 coins
215 US dimes! (4 full rolls conveniently put together for a CRHunter like me.. )

Box of quarters - 2000 coins
no US quarters (!)
3 coloured 2015 poppy quarter
1 UK 10p coin

this box was so clean of everything, it was like I had gone over these myself before! But I put a mark on searched rolls, so I knew I hadn't had these rolls..

to jbuck: I tried to PM you about if you wanted to trade a coin for that NZ 10 cent coin I fished from the last boxes. Not sure if it arrived, let me know if you would.. thanks, Darcy
Edited by darcyrmt
02/08/2018 9:12 pm
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.13 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05