Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Roll Hunting

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,280 / Views: 161,897Next Topic
Page: of 86
Valued Member
Canada
254 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoeplier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From my experience I find Nickels to be the most rewarding, just by generally having the highest amount of pre-2000s coins. You can more easily get young head Elizabeths and 12-sided nickels which are always fun to find. Next I would say dimes for the silver - it doesn't happen often but it's more likely than quarters. I used to like searching quarters but the last couple years have only been good for modern commemoratives. Same goes for loonies and toonies - they're only worth searching for filling holes in circulated sets.

For example my last 10 rolls of nickels was 13% pre-2000s, vs. quarters at just 4%. And I had an unusually good 10 rolls of dimes which was nearly 42% pre-2000s, also which had two silver coins: a 1964 and 1968.
Canada
48 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JBU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I might have to agree with you. I've gone through a few boxes of quarters lately and its been sad. Few years ago I did a handful of boxes of nickels and it was fun for a while...but certainly not like it used to be years earlier.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moosieweed88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know how to get canadian coin rolls in the states?
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Trvm02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got two questions for you guys one what are the key dates a person should be looking for when hunting nickels and two what coins do you guys keep when hunting
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moosieweed88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How can I find Canadian rolls of coin? I'm from Ohio need some help here
Page: of 86 Previous TopicReplies: 1,280 / Views: 161,897Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05