Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Roll Hunting

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,304 / Views: 172,706Next Topic
Page: of 87
Canada
48 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All that to say, with a hit rate of about 1 in 10000, I think this is my coin roll hunting retirement announcement.

Who am I kidding? Although bank waits aren't much fun these days I hit up a few. This came from a box from a very helpful and understanding teller at a local Royal Bank.

Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This came from a box from a very helpful and understanding teller at a local Royal Bank.
Excellent!
Canada
21 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JadeDragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will not be able to buy Canadian rolls of coins in the US banks. You need to visit any bank in Canada. Now I often hunt halves when I'm stateside... miss those days.
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grabbed another 10 rolls of quarters and finally scored this beauty!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Canada
48 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Always good to find a '70 and looks in good shape, too.
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Tusker! Definitely took me a few hunts but I agree it is in very nice shape!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Grabbed another 10 rolls of quarters and finally scored this beauty!
Fantastic!
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck! On a seperate hunt here's a bare belly beaver variant from 98' I have since sold in a coin group considering it's my third I've found now.

Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On a seperate hunt here's a bare belly beaver variant from 98' I have since sold in a coin group considering it's my third I've found now.
Excellent!
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally found this one to almost complete my modern quarter album. ( full pics when completed)
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finally found this one to almost complete my modern quarter album.
Excellent!

Quote:
full pics when completed
Pillar of the Community
Canada
585 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife picked up some rolls for me from the bank: 10 nickel, 10 dime, 10 quarter, 5 loonie and 5 toonie. There were no 2021 coins, which didn't surprise me. I did find a handful of pre-2000 nickels and quarters, four US nickels and two US quarters. No pre-2000 dimes. No commems worth holding onto. One highlight was finding a nice AU 1990 loonie, which was an upgrade from the one I had in my album.

I found a couple of foreign coins. Wrapped with the quarters was 25 centavos from the Dominican Republic. After doing some research on Numista, I found out it was actually minted at the RCM. It is only worth one-half of one Canadian cent. The second coin was a half franc wrapped with the dimes. This is actually worth 67.6 Canadian cents.

I found an interesting counterstamped loonie. It is stamped with JOP75. I have heard of the famous JOP counterstamped silver dollars, but never a loonie. I'm not sure what the story is there.

The final picture is a dime I came across that gave me a smile. It's just a regular dime, but someone put a heart sticker on it.
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

Quote:
I found an interesting counterstamped loonie. It is stamped with JOP75. I have heard of the famous JOP counterstamped silver dollars, but never a loonie. I'm not sure what the story is there.
Very interesting! Plenty of JOP topics have been posted here.

Page: of 87 Previous TopicReplies: 1,304 / Views: 172,706Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05