Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picture The Ancient Coin Collector

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2015  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"You'll have to wait a few month for mine, not long enough on this forum yet."

I had a girlfriend say something like that to me one time.
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2015  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A pleasure to meet you A.M.

Certainly not going by your knowledge would I have put you at 19. Well Done!

Oh, and congrats on the late night. Enjoy them while you can.

Edited by Topcat7
01/07/2015 11:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2015  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@T.C.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4721 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2015  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
only 19 AM?

man I would have guessed your were an old guy like me with kids and a mortgage.

i know there are several bright young collectors here, VK and ben I are also in your age group. you guys are way ahead of me when I was 19....19 year old chrsmt71 was a real piece of work.

but he had great hair.
Learn More...
United States
22419 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2015  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was 19 I was in a jungle getting shot at. The only thing on my mind back than was getting back home alive.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Were you drafted or did you volunteer ?
Learn More...
United States
22419 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enlisted when I was 17.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow 17 ! I thought the minimum age was 18 ?
Now that I look back when I was 17 I am surprised my parents even trusted me with the family car.
Learn More...
United States
22419 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about now but back than as long as my parents signed I was allowed to enlist.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked the statute is still in effect. I suppose you didn't go through ROTC ?
Learn More...
United States
22419 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope.
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2015  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

At age 18 and 19 I was in two ballots (drafts) and I missed on both occasions for which I was eternally grateful.
No disrespect intended, in fact I have the highest regard (and gratitude) for those that did (and do) serve, but not for me. My 95 year old father served 1939 to 1952 and I admire him (and ALL of the others greatly for ensuring that we can live as 'free' people. Thank-you. "Lest We Forget".

Pillar of the Community
United States
4273 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not going to post a pic of myself...never been comfortable with that idea. But, as an alternative way of "revealing," here are some of my artworks...assuming the links work. The pic resolution is lousy throughout, but it's a free site so I have no right to complain. I do hope to get my own site at some point soon...

A recently finished painting inspired by a 2013 trip to Assisi..."St. Francis Preaching to the Birds," oil on wood panel:
http://dbprng00ikc2j.cloudfront.net...ced_size.jpg

Pages of pics...if interested in viewing any, best to click on it, then click the "view large image" tab:

http://www.artslant.com/global/arti...tab=ARTWORKS

Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow ! That is some nice art.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4273 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05