Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your Challenge Coins Real And Fantasy

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
4601 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool Earle42! !
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Learn More...
United States
14772 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to re-animate this into a zombie thread, but the other challenge coin thread http://goccf.com/t/108861) seems more specifically targeted at military challenge coins and this challenge coin is for first responders (fire fighters):

The reverse has a photographic image from the memorial in Auburn Maine.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add th3ogr3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sergeant Major coin I got while stationed in Germany back in the 90's.

Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sergeant Major coin I got while stationed in Germany back in the 90's.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  05:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wrong thread
Edited by Circus
12/25/2019 08:59 am
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This gentleman has a custom-made display holder for his collection of "challenge coins".

Office coin display

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a free PDF on the history of challenge coins, https://www.google.com/search?q=UAH...f-8&oe=utf-8 In the last few years there have an increase in first res ponder unit coins and fantasy coins to truely be a challenge coin there must be a rank on it. Either military or in the government officials ie president etc. Since there are few ranks in the police and fire depts. It wouldn't seem tyhat the challenge drinking game would work to well.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16449 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An area of exonumismatics, of which I was completely unaware!
Interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add Circus. Anything Marine Corps is always a win!
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This would be a fantasy
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6168 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Circus - nice one!

Quote:
This would be a fantasy

Why is that?

I was once traveling across the Peace Bridge into Ontario from NY. Just over halfway across the bridge I looked at my driver and told him I just turned into an alien. He didn't appreciate the comment.

I also own some rocks from Mars. I am serious. One day I decided to go there. I picked up some Mars rocks as souvenirs. I also met and spoke with some Martians. Latitude: 40.696518
Longitude: -80.010857.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I didn't want to upset anybody that may work in that dept out at Area 51. There most likely a division like that if you watch Ancient Astronauts TV program on the cable box
Edited by Circus
01/15/2020 12:39 pm
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05