Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fake Ancients

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Learn More...
United States
22281 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2014  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VK, thanks for letting us know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2014  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem Ron.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2014  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure the seller's a happy camper right now. Someone fell for his listing. I don't have much sympathy for the buyer though; a little research beforehand on their part would have kept them from wasting their money on it.

What I know for sure is that the buyer won't be too happy if and when they figure out that this coin isn't Majorian...
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Edited by VisigothKing
08/09/2014 6:29 pm
Learn More...
United States
22281 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2014  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since last night I have received several harassing messages from a person that is on the Notorious Fake Seller list. He has been sending me these messages on my eBay account, stating that all of his coins are genuine and we/me are spreading lies about what he is selling. In short he is trying to intimidate me to remove him from that list which in fact I had no input in putting it together. There is a thread here about his coins that I responded to along with others. Which I will not remove.
Pillar of the Community
1106 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2014  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hear! Hear!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2014  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little lost here. What is the thread you're refering to, Ron?

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1178 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2014  06:39 am  Show Profile   Check MetDet71's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MetDet71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just posted my latest purchase of junk .... Oh well, at least its a few more some other poor guy won't get.

http://goccf.com/t/192412
Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2014  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In short he is trying to intimidate me to remove him from that list which in fact I had no input in putting it together.
As if that wouldn't harden a collector's resolve.
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2015  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baphomet90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some of these imitations are dead on, has made me open my eyes a bit.

then theres this lol http://i0.wp.com/armstrongeconomics...mitation.jpg
Learn More...
United States
22281 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2015  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community.

That is an interesting and rare find, When it is an imitation it is contemporary to period and would be a rare addition to a collection.
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
Learn More...
United States
22281 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2015  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the list, this will be very helpful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2974 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2015  07:24 am  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see I am not on the first list !
Disappointed to not be on the second !

But all in all I won't complain about it ...... too much
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
927 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2015  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Masis's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Masis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FVRIVS, you need to contact Keith, who created the Genuine Seller List on eBay.
Then he will check what coins you have currently for sale.
Then you will be added to the list. That is how it was for me.
He keeps a check on all of us, which is how it should be.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsintherough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some ancient forgeries are really cool. Does anyone own any Barbious Radiate Roman coins?
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05