Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty Upset With Colonial Acres Coins.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 17,739Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
92 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marc D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Admin - Thank you for the feedback on this matter of importance (to me). I often deal with the said business and I was hoping that the incident was an isolated one at best. I wish to thank you for taking the time to examine the facts. I know it had to be a painstaking activity. It is nice to know that from the customer treatment point of view CA has a clean record.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
686 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jg86 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Admin as well. It's nice to see that Anderson Cooper isn't the only one "keeping them honest".
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7698 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  11:02 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping Jakedacc will come back and explain himself.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm hoping Jakedacc will come back and explain himself.

He will not.
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Islander2010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear that Colonial Coins' reputation is still intact, I've only ever had one dealing with them, and I made a mistake by hitting the purchase button online with something on the invoice that I hadn't actually wanted, and the friendly lady that I spoke to happily voided the invoice. Legally they could have held me to the invoice, and I would have had to pay for something that I already had, but to their credit there wasn't any hesitation to keep the customer happy. Maybe it's time I went and paid them a visit online again.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Afterimage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man...totally owned!

AROOOGA! AROOOGA!

Confirmed liar alert! Confirmed liar alert!
All forum members: man your battle stations!

I love the innernet!
Learn More...
Canada
9144 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After 1100+ posts here in just over a year, I wonder what compelled an active member like jakedacc to write that... could it be like a fishing or hunting trip story, about the BIG one that got away, and it snowballed out of control quickly?

My grandfather once told me, "If you find yourself in a hole, the best thing you can do is stop digging..."
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3204 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the moral of the story is, what goes around comes around. Gut feel - original poster didn't get a steal and decided to badmouth the dealer only to get backfired big time.

The price to pay? Never to come back in here ever again. I think that's a very expensive price to pay, not only ruining your reputation as well as alienating yourself from other collectors.

At the same time, I think it's good that dealers are embracing the internet and are on the lookout on anything that could damage their reputation.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1945V to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad the accusation was fairly investigated and finally dismissed. I have dealt with CA several times at the Montreal coin show and I have always been pleased with the deals I walked away with.
Valued Member
Canada
490 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to deal with CA all the time and was always happy .Glad to hear that
their name is still good.Just wish they had a large inventory of tokens.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10726 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great job Admin has done to straighten this out.

But, has the 'fake' coin issue been solved that CA were supposedly selling
True North
Valued Member
Canada
227 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Barrie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cudo's to admin people for opening up, following up and monitoring a good discussion on this issue. As we can all appreciate a credible name is critical to the on-going success of all business ventures, in-particular small business enterprise. One accusation, true or not, can destroy reputations often without much recourse for redress to those harmed. Good job people.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2396 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  11:26 am  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't there when the "events" took place, and I wasn't able to see the virgin video.

There are 2 sides to every story, and somewhere in between lies the truth.

Putting the Jake issue totally aside, if I walked into CA today, would I be able to buy a coin marked COPY?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
849 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add qbvbsite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have dealt with jakedacc many times... this is quite out of character. Is he banned from CFF? is that why he can't comment?
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 17,739Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05