Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Here Collect Jm Fractional And Commercial Bars?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found many of these FAKE Johnson Matthey and Mallory bars floating around on eBay. The reverse of the bar is a dead give away as well as being listed as new when the real ones were minted in the 1970s. I'm guessing these all came from China. What do you guys think?

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought this Johnson Matthey piece was interesting. I picked this piece up a while ago and I was surprised it came with the original paperwork dated November 3, 1983. The serial numbers are a little bit different being on the rim of the medallions with V00548 and V00549. If you check out the paperwork it says these have a mintage of 1000. Sorry for some of the photos being bad.

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sharing a couple other rare JM bars I picked up recently.

Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDCrow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. You have many JM items that I've never seen before. Thanks again for sharing. Looking forward to more pictures to come.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2013  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDCrow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. You have many JM items that I've never seen before. Thanks again for sharing. Looking forward to more pictures to come.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2013  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another fractional JM 10 gram silver bar.

I'm looking for a bar identical to this one with a different reverse that has a repeating JMAC logo. Let me know if anyone knows where I can find one.

Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2013  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NVU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some bars that I haven't seen before. Nice collection, thanks for sharing
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2013  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some other Johnson Matthey Pick ups:
Lake Ontario round and Liberty Trade Silver Proof round

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2013  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unusual find. A Johnson Matthey & Mallory bar without a serial number. I know there is a 1974 version of this bar along with ones that include serial numbers but this one I came across is blank at the bottom right hand corner of the bar.

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2013  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Johnson Matthey Hycroft Crofoot Mine bar. First one I ever came across. Anyone else seen one of these?

Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2013  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NVU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen the Hycroft on a couple occasions, it is a rare piece but they are out there
Lake Ontario round is the first I've seen, very nice piece. Is it 999 silver? Do you know mintage of this round.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2013  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the Lake Ontario round is 1oz of 999 silver. I don't know the exact mintage since this is the first one I have seen as well. If I were to guess the mintage I would say probably between 1000-3000 pieces. I will add a picture of the edge of the round as well. It shows 999 fine silver.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2013  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The edge of the JM Lake Ontario round previously posted.

Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2013  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NVU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool piece, thanks for sharing.
Not sure if you know Liberty Trade also come with 10 oz and fractional, the later is rarer and seldom seen.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2013  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add abliss2006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah those 10oz and fractional JM liberty trade rounds are more rare. I have seen two different versions of the 10oz JM liberty trade rounds and I believe the only fractional I have seen was 10 grams if I remember right.
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05