Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best I Can Get On A $400 Budget? Help

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7255 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone have a different opinion? If so, why?

My first iteration of the "$400 setup" used a Canon T2i. After the USB connection became flakey, I switched to the T6s. Despite the increase in megapixels, the coin images weren't markedly better.

Of course, it's possible that the newer camera might last longer?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3188 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there would be much difference in reliability between DSLRs. The more expensive camera will just be more expensive to replace the shutter if it ever wears out. Other than the USB port, the shutter is the most likely component to wear out, at least in that list of components that matter to coin photographers.

Now, there are certainly newer cameras which could have a much longer life when used as we do. A few cameras are capable of full electronic exposure, with only electronic shutter. This is the case for the various USB cameras, and for a few MILCs. Even some DSLRs have full electronic option. For folks doing lots of focus stacking, it would make sense to look into this sort of camera, but they are well outside the price range of what we're discussing here.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Poland
4 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pietrz44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where can I buy Canson Opalux Diffusion Material because I can't find it anywhere?
If anyone knew about a store in Europe it would be great.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3188 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the US it's available at most art supply stores. Canson is a US brand so it might be hard to find in Europe. Other art vellums may work just as well. Try a local art supply store and get the heaviest weight vellum you can, and it should be fine.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Poland
4 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pietrz44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I create another set below $ 400.
I'm close to the end. I am waiting for the ordered camera and a few accessories. But I've finished my copy stand. I bought an old Krokus 35l enlarger for $ 12 and replaced the base for $ 4, and painted the rest. Here are the results of my work.
Lighting is Ikea Jansjo
When I finish everything, I will put pictures of my work.

Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05