Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Tokens

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2750 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Gene has some amazing coins and tokens. Congrats
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ainsivalavie said "So, I am really surprised that PCGS did not mention this problem on the certification."

Actually PCGS did mention the spot removal and placed the token in a Details slab. ICCS did not mention the issue and the auction photos did show it either (at least on my monitior). In hand it is quite obvious and I knew when I sent it to PCGS that they would "UNC details" the piece. I found no other evidence that the piece has been cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the benefits of having PCGS Registry sets is the ability to create Showcases.

Here is my Showcase for my Colonial Tokens, so far 61 pieces, still need to get photos on a few:

https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/co...ns/album/515
Valued Member
Canada
233 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing set Gene.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2326 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some really nice tokens in there Gene,

I have been playing around with the showcase option, but don't see an option to add non-PCGS graded coins? is there a way to do so?

My collection is around 150 pieces, half of which would be worthy of certifying, but I still can't justify the cost (especially since I am in Canada - between shipping/insurance/exchange rate it would be in the multiple $1000s to have them encapsulated)
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have been playing around with the showcase option, but don't see an option to add non-PCGS graded coins? is there a way to do so?

Only PCGS graded pieces are allowed in the Showcase.

Quote:
That said, with all the tokens you're presenting, you must be starting to have a very nice collection. Congratulations!

Thank you. I have a dozen or more in NGC and other holders that I haven't decided yet on crossing to PCGS. My raw collection contains well over 300 different varieties.
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my Showcase for Post Confederation Tokens. 17 pieces so far.

https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/co...s/album/5161
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2326 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
regarding your playing card token Gene,

it's entered as N1BN rather than having a numerical grade ?
Edited by Wade
01/04/2020 9:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
regarding your playing card token Gene,

it's entered as N1BN rather than having a numerical grade ?

UNC detail - tooled. I don't see it and I don't have another to compare it to.
Learn More...
Canada
8843 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  01:36 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Gene. I am a huge fan of the PCGS showcases. It allows you to build and share your collection, without having to remove anything from the safety deposit box.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A pair of Gnaedinger tokens.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12505 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 Hornby Island BC $20 Conservation Token.

-
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A pair of Gnaedinger tokens.
Nice pair!

Quote:
2018 Hornby Island BC $20 Conservation Token.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1837 halfpenny, Bank of Montreal, LC-8D1 (slabbed as LC-8A1).

Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a lovely bank token, yarm!
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05