Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Tokens

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 845 / Views: 84,231Next Topic
Page: of 57
Valued Member
Netherlands
69 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gebs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@blargish I agree on PE-10-28.

Searched some pics of the different types and the hump on the R is not there. Also the no double cut on the first S.

But in the charlton 10th edition the die cut on the mizzen-sail is only noted at PE-10-33 and PE-10-32 so not the PE-10-27.
Valued Member
Canada
160 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah yes Gebs, my mistake. PE-10-32 is indeed the mizzen sail die-cut obverse (and has the reverse of PE-10-29 with the notched first E of COMMERCE).

Other distinguishing features for PE-10-27, as the "humped R" can sometimes be tough to spot, are the beaded reverse border (as opposed to toothed) and the round ampersand.

Again, you're right that PE-10-33 is the mule of the PE-10-32 obverse and PE-10-27 reverse.

As an example of the confusion that this series offers, here's an eBay listing where someone unfortunately paid 147 bucks for a damaged PE-10-32 that was misattributed as a PE-10-33!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144309084869
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2653 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i REALLY hope this is/was a modern counterfeit, otherwise

Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Valued Member
Netherlands
69 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gebs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This nice token came in this week :D

Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This nice token came in this week :D
Very nice!
Valued Member
Canada
64 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CAmint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Nova Scotia token Gebs. This one is in much better condition than mine! I find them hard to find in AU-MS condition nowadays.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2653 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid too much, but the cracked flan as well as the over strike called to me

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8850 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's certainly a token with interesting eye appeal.
Congrats!
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
160 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, you beat me to it! I was looking at that one myself Wade. Was curious about the variety of the undertype, so it would be great if you could provide photos when you get it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2653 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thinking it's a bust & harp, will look for more markers once in hand, but the font seems to match LC-60-13

Valued Member
Canada
160 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the ornamentation on the "2" narrows it down to LC-60-13 or LC-60-12. This is interesting, as most Br 674's overstruck on Br 1012's involve the cruder varieties (LC-60-3,15,16,17; all of which share the same obverse). For instance, all the examples of Br 674/1012 from the Partrick collection and in the Bank of Canada collection were struck over these BH types.

I guess the idea is that the cruder varieties would have been more suitable for repurposing as Br 674, but apparently some of the "better made" BH varieties were overstruck as well.
Edited by blargish
01/17/2022 3:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this up the other day. The mint states that wearing it means you are open to listening to people about there mental health issues, which I do daily anyways. 2022 mental health token?medal? I thought it was an interesting piece.

Personally I think it's a little over packed for preservation for something you wear.
Edited by Wrekkdd
01/30/2022 1:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8850 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is for Colonial tokens.
Your item is neither colonial nor a token.
It's a button.
Ask the mods if they will move it to where it belongs, with other Exonumia.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/30/2022 1:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Requested it be moved. It's technically a medal, does not need to be worn but definitely not meant for this thread. My bad, I just searched Canadian tokens and medals and this was at the top.
Page: of 57 Previous TopicReplies: 845 / Views: 84,231Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: