Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread--Worst Coins On Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, And Other Buying Sites!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,243 / Views: 191,152Next Topic
Page: of 150
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2020  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1972 dollar Coin Type 2
I guess we have to take their word for it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7278 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only $513 shipped take advantage of paying $42 for 12 months

He won't ship to the UK!

He also says the coin's silver. Looks like a normal clad Ike to me.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2020  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both Yahoo & RedBook magazine, best known for their award-winning Pulitzer articles (sarcasm), I shook my head in disbelief when I read this one.

"Things From The '80s That Are Worth A Fortune Today".... "4/9 1983 D quarter with mistakes, Somehow, when a mistake is made printing a measly .25 piece, it increases about 100,000 times in value. This quarter with a smudged, "In God We Trust", is listed on Etsy for $21,000."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/thi...5300367.html

I don't know what's worse, Etsy allowing this person to list a quarter for $21,000, in hopes of ripping someone off? Or a writer of a national publication, giving credence to someone on Etsy? Shame on Heath Owens! Remember when writers actually researched information prior to publication? In a world of fake news, I guess this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
Edited by coin rejector
05/14/2020 3:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1133 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On Trade Me - NZ Ebay ripoff site - https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Li...d=2620202163

Is this listing for these two half crowns - the price is fairly low, but these coins are really badly cleaned and then silver dipped!

They have been badly cleaned and polished to look like they are shiny and new when in fact one is VG and the other barely Good - look at the flat lips on the carving, thick worn letters and flattened rim. That coin is not even average for 1933, a very common year.

This is what high grade examples of these coins should look like!

Compare those to that mess being sold.

I even commented on it (Yes even my screen savers have coin pictures and it changes every 5 minutes

Their reply is pretty evasive and one fool has bidded on them, some simple minded fool could buy them, thinking they are shiny and new.

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
05/16/2020 02:15 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7278 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those NZ halfcrowns are accurately graded when compared with this 1946-D nickel, described as "GEM BU"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1946-D-J...AOSwbAheXyvl

A steal at $65 - certainly better value than most of his coins!
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I didn't go through all the posts in this thread, but this one has to rank up towards the top of the list for ridiculousness.

The asking price for this piece of numismatic history?,,,,,,,,$450,000.00.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DeputyMax, ouch! Just a normal circulated Lincoln Memorial cent with zinc rot!

Still funny though.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! $450,000.00. If you're going to go, go big.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  01:00 am  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can still get that 87 cent... They lowered the price to $250,000.00 - A Bargain!
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Pillar of the Community
United States
1888 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1879-CC-MO...em48e5b25dc9

I sent an offer through messages....
Quote:
Would you take $10.00? (It's plastic play money but looks more real than your coin)
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ratman, am I seeing things or is liberty actually misspelled? Looks like "libdrty" in the photos.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
1888 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ratman, am I seeing things or is liberty actually misspelled? Looks like "libdrty" in the photos.

That's kind of what it looked like to me too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL! Ebay pulled the counterfeit 1879-CC.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DiscoLover82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess what: the set of three 1971 2p coins I posted back in April from off Etsy is still there, and the price has actually been jacked UP a few hundred bucks:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/748855...&frs=1&cns=1

So many of these are ridiculous!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/813688...lick=1&frs=1

This looks like a normal 1982 Lincoln cent, not something worth a full $2,000. There are several other non-error varieties from this year (which, for the uninitiated, saw the change of cent composition and font size of the date) that are being sold for thousands of dollars - it's obvious you're getting ripped off when you can also find a full 7-piece set for only $10.
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,243 / Views: 191,152Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05