Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread--Worst Coins On Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, And Other Buying Sites!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,243 / Views: 191,130Next Topic
Page: of 150
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2521 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Bicentennial Kennedy half dollar was listed on eBay for $100.

Below is the description just as it appeared in the listing:

Do t nobody tell me this didnt happen at the mint..its an error coin .with several erra s cone get some thank u for lookung

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1776-1976-...z%252Bk%253D

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2521 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was listed as "1914-D 1c PCGS MS65 RD - Great Key Date - Lincoln Cent - Great Key Date" for $665 on ebay.

It sort of looks like a worn 1918 Wheatie to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-D-1c-...z%252Bk%253D

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2521 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And one more I came across recently on ebay - A dateless Buffalo nickel with a starting bid of only $500.

However, the description tells you how rare dateless Buffalos are:

"Now for the not so well know nickle or these ones also called the "dateless nickle" the reason for these having no date is just because of where they had chosen to put the date on these coins and after many hands and pockets coin machines and etc it was worn of prematurely just because the placement of the date but these are gems to have not many coins you will find the date totally gone but every other detail on the coin in amazing condition to the details on the buffalo to the perfect siluoit of the Indian on the front this is one that could tell stories if it was able to speak I am open to a variety of offers just send me a message and I can almost promise we can come to some kind of agreement on these jewels."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-ni...z%252Bk%253D

Paul Bulgerin
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some REALLY great coins. I sent a message to the person listing the 1914-D... "I'm looking to buy a nice 1914-D Cent, but the image you have on your item is a 1918-(P) in poor condition. Did you select the wrong image for the listing?"

I'll have to see if he has the guts to respond.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna

Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2521 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eBay gods keep giving.

A 2004-D Lincoln Cent listed as "EXTREME ERROR RARE ONE" (all in caps) for only $19.99.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-D-Pen...z%252Bk%253D

Paul Bulgerin
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not necessarily the worst coins on ebay, but you have to wonder how long this seller will stay in business with deals like this.
" golden, Sac dollars, 2000 P, circulated, VG condition, lot of (33) Philadelphia Mint" Free shipping.
Opening bid-$25.00. Final bid-$25.00. He got one bidder. Looks like someone just made $8.00
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deputy, I just looked at his seller rating. It's -1. Someone got a good deal, if he delivered.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1773 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That -1 feedback came from someone claiming "counterfeit" on the coaster coins we were discussing in this "very shady" thread: http://goccf.com/t/377897 Looks like someone really did get fooled.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Very Carefully Cleaned Using My Special
Technique To Gently Enhance the Coins.

All Coins Are Cleaned.
Sold As Is.

or just don't clean them...
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7271 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  06:24 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 'enhanced' coin here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-new...100008.m2219
Actually, 'Good Condition' isn't too far off.

But no amount of polishing will make a coin with a value of 1p worth 2,430!
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7271 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:37 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it is very rare in this condition, but I won't be bidding for it!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-1p-...AOSwsZNfA7yd

Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,243 / Views: 191,130Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05