Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread--Worst Coins On Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, And Other Buying Sites!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,403 / Views: 204,974Next Topic
Page: of 161
Learn More...
United States
32622 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  07:36 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seller is just one of many delusional sellers that think any coin they've never seen before must be worth a fortune.
It's 2021, RENEW your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3610 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, if you want extra thrills, check some of the Lincoln cent error coins on Etsy.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15045 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This zero rated e-bAY seller is just another Idiot only out to take $$ from inexperience buyers .We see this every day and it's appalling how they get away with it . for e-bay .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few weeks ago on ebay, I observed a seller selling a single Mexican coin and they were calling it silver (it most certainly was not) for about 300.00 bucks. It was a very common I believe an un-peso, and there was only one photo... They also claimed that 10% of the sale was to go to charity.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1669 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How bout this one from everybody's "favorite" seller
He ruined what seems to be another really nice coin..........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncirculat...84675197325?

Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

"Rare Liberty Coin"

Only $1220 and no bids - it was probably the $4.10 shipping that scared away most bidders

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1245958365...124595836531
Edited by John K
02/25/2021 3:54 pm
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igor22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one has been fun. I politely explained how the damage was caused likely from a coin rolling machine crimper finger, and I promptly got cussed out, and still believes the coin is a very valuable mint error....I'm really curious if everyone that explains the damage to him will get cussed out too....LOL What a hoot!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224365437938?trkp=no

Valued Member
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... and THAT is why I lurk around the forum trying to learn about this hobby BEFORE spending $!!
Learn More...
United States
32622 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't save the actual image that went with this text, but it looked something like this:

Listing description:
This is one of the extremely rare recently discovered US mint errors. This particular error has only been found in US Dimes and quarters. These are so rare that it has taken a group of collectors over 8 years of researching to finally discover the facts on and unraveling the mystery behind these coins. I am going to try not to leave anything out. The findings are from myself and from other resources found from other collectors.

believe it is in error , coming from the planchet roll . These are the tail ends of planchet rolls that are not flat and even with the same material . They put the Copper in the middle of the two other materials and you squeeze down to a certain dimension and as you keep squeezing and rolling you start to run out of the material at the end, it causes the uneven material,. Not acid damage , the coins would look really pale like a chalk color. I have a few Penny's that are acid damage, and they don't look like these Quarters.
(All of the people who have ever gave the BS acid damaged reason, none were ever able to give anything to back up their opinion. But I have done several experiments and proved it to be faults. Along with other obvious facts that makes the acid damage ruled out.)

Coins are normally struck inside something called a retaining collar which securely corrals the coin when being struck by the dies. The retaining collar helps form the coin's edge and implants the thin vertical edge lines (known as reeds) on various coins such as dimes, quarters, and half dollars. These retaining collars also help shape the rim of the coin.
The info I'm giving now, doesn't come close to covering everything, it can't, because it would be a book covering 8 years of discovery and research. But if you have questions I will answer.
It's 2021, RENEW your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21225 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is it....
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two more doozies on Ebay. A bsjjohn_4090 (among other overpriced things) has for sale this exact description: '1997 Washington quarter it has a double dye but is still a beautiful coin very r'. They are asking 1,500 bucks for it, and there are no takers.
Then we have an 11blanca12 who has up for sale a '1978 Washington quarter "DDO, very rare coin' and is asking 350 bucks for it.
I can confidently say these are not what they think they are.
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igor22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
believe it is in error , coming from the planchet roll . These are the tail ends of planchet rolls that are not flat and even with the same material . They put the Copper in the middle of the two other materials and you squeeze down to a certain dimension and as you keep squeezing and rolling you start to run out of the material at the end, it causes the uneven material,.

LOL....I love it! Great find! After 8 years of research, I would think this guy would understand the minting process. I also love the part about collar and reeding. This one really takes the cake!

What was the point of his post? Was he trying to make a good story to sell his coin?
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igor22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing but another dark colored coin from the dirt. Even after explaining and giving him articles to read, the listing remains as an "Error Coin". LOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333903120406

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4740 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing but another dark colored coin from the dirt. Even after explaining and giving him articles to read, the listing remains as an "Error Coin". LOL

I've tried the same thing a couple of times on coins I find on eBay. You're beating your head against a brick wall. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igor22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After my laughter subsided, and I wiped the tears away....I knew I needed to share this one. Be sure to take a look at all the other absurd "Error Coins" that have been listed from this seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274700200702

Page: of 161 Previous TopicReplies: 2,403 / Views: 204,974Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05