Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread--Worst Coins On Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, And Other Buying Sites!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,426 / Views: 207,501Next Topic
Page: of 162
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob - hey, when you're dealing in $$$$ coins, you WANT to use your CELL PHONE to take QUALITY pics! ;-) ;-) ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8544 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  06:04 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another great coin expert here with fantastic photography skills as well!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Incredib...323924656404

This should really be taken down along with all the other listings trying to sell normal coins as errors!

Fact 1: The row of dots around the Queen's portrait on the obverse just happens to coincide exactly with the place where the two metals meet. If you pull, say, 20 2 coins from circulation, you'll find maybe three or four where the dots are all neatly on the cupro-nickel center. In the future, I daresay coins with the dots nicely centered may command a premium!

Fact 2: The edge lettering is applied to the blanks before the coins pass between the dies. It can be either way up.

Fact 3: This is one of the most common commemorative 2 coins in circulation, with a mintage figure of 8,445,000. It's worth face value in circulated condition.

Fact 4: Coins are minted, not printed!
Edited by NumisRob
04/15/2021 06:05 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I would add that eBay decided to PERMANENTLY suspend my account, after I sent an email to an individual selling a 2020 cent for $750:

"Just to let you know, this coin is worthless. Only worth 1 cent.

I am a Lincoln Cent Variety and Error expert, so I can assure you, that you are wasting your own time posting such things.

Thank you"

(I am not a Variety and Error expert, especially compared to people on this forum, yet compared to the seller, I am).

The seller reported me for some reason and BOOM, account I've had for two years, which I sold and bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars from, is gone permanently. I've contacted eBay services, talked with multiple agents, and they've pretty much given me the middle finger.

Well, there goes me ever dealing with eBay again, such a scammy and indecent company.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8544 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's scandalous!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Thought I would add that eBay decided to PERMANENTLY suspend my account, after I sent an email to an individual selling a 2020 cent for $750:

That is DISGUSTING behavior by eBay.

A month or so ago, there was someone doing that with some older coins - a 1964 Jefferson nickel and some common date Wheat Cents, for example. Selling them for several hundred dollars, as I recall. While I reported the seller to eBay (they did nothing), I didn't contact the seller directly out of fear something like what happened to you would happen to me.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed it is NumisRob :(

John I agree, I'm more frustrated with eBay than the actual seller. Well, I guess a lesson is learned, not to message the immature sellers that have a chance of reporting you if you tell them their coin isn't worth what they think. I'm done with eBay, but hopefully my experience will help others, a cautious tale if you will.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey SilverCents, this is an idea, what if you create another account on ebay, and go back to business as usual?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A month or so ago, there was someone doing that with some older coins - a 1964 Jefferson nickel and some common date Wheat Cents, for example. Selling them for several hundred dollars, as I recall. While I reported the seller to eBay (they did nothing),

Why would they, would you want eBay telling you what you can ask for things? I sure wouldn't.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4005 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I've been on ebay since the late '90s and haven't had any serious issues--no more so than one would have at the average drive-in theater flea market.

Fun read for anyone having time on their hands:
https://blog.edesk.com/resources/eb...t-suspended/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey SilverCents, this is an idea, what if you create another account on ebay, and go back to business as usual?

Sure, right after you buy a few hundred items from him to get his feedback to where it was and establish his reputation again.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay is a big corporation, so they don't have time for the average consumer. I was reading one post where one fella sums it up pretty well by saying, "eBay would rather remove your account then investigate the situation, you are just another speck of dust to them, and because you aren't a massively big buyer or seller, it's easier for them to get rid of you."

@mrwhatisit, I could, and I might down the road, but at the moment, eBay has displayed it's general disregard for the consumer, their capitalistic nature, something I find rather repulsive. I am upset with the company, so for now, I refuse to do business within their hold.

ijn1944, I read the article when my account was restricted. Their is no fix for my situation. As I said, I've contacted eBay and they couldn't care less.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Why would they, would you want eBay telling you what you can ask for things? I sure wouldn't.

It's this thing called ethics and having a conscience. I guess you're good with this too, right?

CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
04/22/2021 05:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

John I agree, I'm more frustrated with eBay than the actual seller. Well, I guess a lesson is learned, not to message the immature sellers that have a chance of reporting you if you tell them their coin isn't worth what they think. I'm done with eBay, but hopefully my experience will help others, a cautious tale if you will.

Thanks, SilverCents. I would be frustrated with eBay as well. My personal frustration with them goes back several years, actually. The truth is that they only care about their bottom line.
Page: of 162 Previous TopicReplies: 2,426 / Views: 207,501Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05