Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Conder Token Thread

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 143 / Views: 16,876Next Topic
Page: of 10
Learn More...
United States
106544 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9610 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few of mine...

Leek:

Coventry:

Appledore in Kent:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62938 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice examples!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8555 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Exoguy - Thanks for the correction. I didn't look at his "want page."

Not the 2nd link on CCF (my want list) but the second link at the NNP page.

The Condor Token Collectors Club page is at http://ctcc.info/

I just re-visited it and saw Jeff Rock is the President, he is a great dealer of New Jersey Colonials. I just made a purchase with him a couple of months ago. Super nice guy.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
106544 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
941 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the only one I have and I don't think it has been shown yet.
Do these all have edge lettering on them?
This one has "Payable in Lancaster, London or Bristol" stamped around the edge.

Cheers, Bill

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62938 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful example for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3984 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do these all have edge lettering on them?

No, many Conder varieties have a plain edge.

I've long appreciated sailing ship tokens and coins. This 1792 Conder is reminiscent of when "Britannia ruled the waves," eh what?
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That edge on a 1792 makes it a D&H 104b, if I'm not mistaken (which is always a possibility).

Stay cool, everybody!

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Learn More...
United States
106544 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the only one I have and I don't think it has been shown yet... This one has "Payable in Lancaster, London or Bristol" stamped around the edge.
Lovely example!
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A John of Gaunt/Hibernia concoction by Lutwyche, Wicklow 76,
It was paired with a gem unc Wexford token in a DNW sale!?
There are plenty of issues with Lutwyche's work.

Learn More...
United States
106544 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3187 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favourites

Coalbrookdale Bridge out of Iron and Keighly inclined plane halfpenny. The same concept was borrowed for a much later colonial step grandchild.

82 years later McCaul added this wheel driven gold mine for his token promoting all kinds of smithing and metallurgy, plumbing and tinsmithery.

(Apologies for putting a colonial token from the mid Victorian era on a page of 18th century conders).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3187 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have many conders being mainly into colonial stuff about 80 years later - but this is one of my favourites I do own.

Union copper company 1812 large copper penny token.
I love the lace collarred hands, rather old fashioned for the 1810s!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
106544 Posts
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 143 / Views: 16,876Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: