Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Guys Is This A Real 1930 Penny

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 10,306Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Australia
301 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2014  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sweetap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am so sorry guys, It has been eating at me since I posted it here. I have reported this item as fake to eBay. They actually have a category to select when you make a report that asks was it counterfeit.

I couldn't just do nothing I had to try help those poor souls , I know they may well know it is fake but as far as I am concerned he can relist it as what it really is then there's no confusion.

I will sleep better tonight. Dishonesty should not be rewarded. Bad me I know but what else is there you can do.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
762 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2014  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yep - report it to eBay - what will happen? Likely nothing, unless the actual buyer after the auction claims that it is fake.

There is nowhere near enough regulation or enforcement of existing laws when it comes to fraud via fake. (IMO).

And it is not in eBay's interest to even investigate, let alone remove. Their business model relies on end-value fees to the seller. If they remove the item, they miss out on their 7-8% of total sale fee.

I know we all like to hang it on eBay whenever fake coins appear but I tend to think that we are being overly harsh.

Ebay are not coin experts and with the millions of items being listed every day they can't be expected to vet them all, or if they did, you could expect a large increase in eBay fees.

Many fake listings do actually get removed. It's not done straight away but I suspect that they give the seller a right of reply. If they didn't give the seller a chance to state their case then eBay sellers would be open to all sorts of vexatious accusations.

In the end the buyer has to take some responsibility in these matters and do their homework before buying an expensive item.
Valued Member
Australia
301 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2014  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sweetap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree with you Mob , BUT eBay tends to shy away from it even when told as I have done in this case.

Once reported it would not be hard or difficult to asses the situation and realise the coin or any item for that matter is not of originality and there for should be removed and simply relisted in the right manner (with no action on the seller as they also may not be aware), like in description, (I am no coin expert This coin is possibly a copy please do your own checking before purchasing.)

Buy doing this it gives the buyer full warning it may not be what it appears to be. And it protects the seller as well in that it is fully disclosed. And it protects eBay from being vindicated in such tripe.

Not list it in a manner than portrays a feeling it is the real deal and worth squillions as he has done.

The fact that eBay do not enforce this even when alerted as I have done to this particular coin they still allow the auction to continue which begs belief as it is a shore indication they want that large final value fee currently around 70-80 bucks for this item right now and due to end in a few hours.

It is this sort of behaviour from them that is giving eBay a bad name not just the crooked sellers.

They have no intentions of ending this item and they are fully aware its a fake. They are as bad if not worse than the crooks they allow to do this simply on the fact they continually allow it even though they know. You can not in anyway try to support eBay in decisions of this nature. There promotion of such behaviour via turning a blind eye so to speak says squillions for the type of people in said company or industry.

Sorry I can not support such behaviour from anyone never alone a company who should know better. I'm sorry but eBay are fully aware there are a lot of fakes and do turn a blind eye . It took several years for the major clothing companies to get eBay to stop there Chinese copies being sold on there it was not until legal action buy these companies such as Burberry etc before that clamped down on it.

I reported this item over 15 hrs ago and nothing has even been done no reply no nothing. Why because there's no corporation complaining just some little single hick they don't give a rats butt about that is why. And it proves my point to a tee. Sorry for the rant but I am a very passionate person when it comes to honesty and integrity. My apologies to anyone it may offend it is not my intentions. Regards sweetap.
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zharn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello ,that penny you have there mate is authentic, don't let these people who just don't have the slitest idea of what they are saying, just inexperienced options that can cost you .I myself have 2 penny's 1930 and one of them is the only one with 45° rotated obverse error. Have great day.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1158 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  01:54 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.o "Zharn" I'm not sure if new collector and such but I tend to favour the opinions of the old hands (neal and Sel and shanew RIP? ) here even if its just a visual inspection on the coins. That original post for the 1930 penny is not genuine and is most likely some sort or re strike commemorative version suppose to be use as a jewellery piece is my best guess and therefore can't be sold as a genuine 1930 with original dies stuck in the 1930, and selling it should most definitely be consider fraud (if seller doesn't want to disclose this fact) and at best immoral trying to cheat collector out of their money.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
795 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange that a 7 year old post is resurrected; and by someone doing a first post claiming to have 2x1930 pennies (Hmmm). Looking at the post are a lot of people who have not posted in years, where are they now? They can't all be RIP, so have they stopped being coin collectors or what?
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3338 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think this may be a wind up by Zharn.

Darn it Zharn! - why did you have to Farn it! Thats Freedom I guess.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me thinks Zharn is a troll, and an illiterate one at that.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 10,306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: