Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pocket Piece - Who Has One?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10362 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  01:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sebrabo!

Those look great. I am also curious as to how the Netherlands 5 will wear and it's an interesting coin. I am still carrying the (formerly gold-plated) Morgan. I have yet to get current pics.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the small ones.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the big ones.

Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. Love that ASE.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (Great Britain)
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
250 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoeplier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful photos everyone! I have been lurking this thread for a while and can't get enough! Seeing all these pocket pieces made me want one myself. I settled with three each of nickels, dimes and quarters, plus the two coins below. They are all face-value coins so it's more of an experiment. Here are the photos from starting (January 8, 2018) to current-ish (July 11, 2019) photos:

And here are two new pieces I'm starting now. The ASE was actually already a pocket piece, given to my father by his old employer. All the salespeople had them and the they could "challenge" someone if they weren't carrying theirs - whoever was wrong had to buy the other a BEvERage. It seemed lonely so I went to the local coin shop for its Canadian cousin.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10362 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  12:18 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Shoeplier! Those look like good choices. I don't want to carry small coins, but I have been considering adding another large coin to the pocket and a silver Maple Leaf would be a nice fit with the Morgan. Whatever it ends up being, I want to start from UNC so I can really appreciate the wear over time.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured this thread needs a bump, so here is my 6 month update.

1921-S Morgan (since Christmas 2018). This is a different Morgan than the one in my last pictorial update; that one want into a Salvation Army kettle last December and I started this one about a week later.

1933 Half Crown (since April 2019). First two pics are of this coin today; the third and fourth are the same coin the day it came home from the LCS, just before it went into the pocket. It has had no extra "help" besides jingling along with the others and rubbing between fingers.

1964-D Kennedy half. Started last week; swapped out the 1969-D half that I had been carrying since January. The whole thing was toned dark brown, it has lightened up nicely already in less than a week.

Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (Great Britain)
Edited by hcmusicguy
10/31/2019 5:38 pm
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2019  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I figured this thread needs a bump, so here is my 6 month update.
Looking good!
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericalynn13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have carried a '78 ike and a '97 Kennedy half in my coin purse for 20+ years. The other day my Ike came up missing. I knew it had to have fallen out of my coin holder somewhere in my day, figuring I would wait it out and see if it reappeared.

Well, well, WELL last night I had to brake suddenly in my car and out slide my Ike from under the passenger seat!! Whoooooooop whooooop I can't even explain the smile on my face looking down at that shiny Ike on the floor board.
Edited by ericalynn13
11/24/2019 12:57 pm
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05