Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pocket Piece - Who Has One?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9981 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  01:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sebrabo!

Those look great. I am also curious as to how the Netherlands 5 will wear and it's an interesting coin. I am still carrying the (formerly gold-plated) Morgan. I have yet to get current pics.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
5034 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the small ones.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5034 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the big ones.

Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. Love that ASE.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1924; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (Great Britain)
Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
249 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoeplier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful photos everyone! I have been lurking this thread for a while and can't get enough! Seeing all these pocket pieces made me want one myself. I settled with three each of nickels, dimes and quarters, plus the two coins below. They are all face-value coins so it's more of an experiment. Here are the photos from starting (January 8, 2018) to current-ish (July 11, 2019) photos:

And here are two new pieces I'm starting now. The ASE was actually already a pocket piece, given to my father by his old employer. All the salespeople had them and the they could "challenge" someone if they weren't carrying theirs - whoever was wrong had to buy the other a BEvERage. It seemed lonely so I went to the local coin shop for its Canadian cousin.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9981 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  12:18 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Shoeplier! Those look like good choices. I don't want to carry small coins, but I have been considering adding another large coin to the pocket and a silver Maple Leaf would be a nice fit with the Morgan. Whatever it ends up being, I want to start from UNC so I can really appreciate the wear over time.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05