Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pocket Piece - Who Has One?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 540 / Views: 97,216Next Topic
Page: of 36
Pillar of the Community
United States
5080 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again.

Noone

Really

Been at least 7 months since the last post.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12105 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot mine a few days ago, but put it in my pocket first thing when I got home. I believe that's the first time I've left for the day without it in the 4+ years I've been carrying it.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
114890 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5080 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the pocket:

My 1964 dime pictured has been retired for a 6 months or more now.

I can't find my 1964 quarter for about the same amount of time

Current small ones in my pocket

Going to crack these 2 out in the next day or 2 and add them as grinders to the pocket.

Edited by jack jeckel
11/08/2021 7:39 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19855 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is a .925 sliver Florin in a close fit PVC sleeve, so it takes less space in my wallet. !!.3 grams, 28.5mm dia.
Reverse is Australian Coat of Arms, Kangaroo and Emu.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5080 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current state of the big ones:

I soaked all my coins overnight in acetone but the black pocket sludge was still hard to get off of them using first a Q-tip and then a fingernail. You can still see the sludge on this one and the hairlines from the Q-tip on the reverse.

Same situation with the sludge and the Q-tip hairlines on this one.

After seeing how quickly the 1967 NOW / MNS medal wore down since it had no rim I decided to do an experiment.

I used my Christmas bonus money from 2019 to buy a bunch of silver Eagles.

I used a dremel tool to grind the rim off of one of them and counterstamp the coin with the company initials (so no one could accuse me of trying to doctor a coin for lowball glory) and missed on trying to restamp the top letter.

I left some rim around L-I-B-E-R-T-Y on the obverse so that I wouldn't "artificially" wear the motto down.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to carefully grind the rim off of both sides.

I didn't put it into my pocket until late summer 2020. This is the coin that sawed the hole in the side of my pocket and caused me to "misplace" my 2 dimes at work and now have to carry my coins in a pouch.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1025 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not go anywhere anymore.

Same here. Mine is sitting on a shelf building toning to be worn off in the future.

Quote:
Going to crack these 2 out in the next day or 2 and add them as grinders to the pocket.

I'm lovin' it. .

Quote:
This is the coin that sawed the hole in the side of my pocket

I can see that happening. Livin' and learnin'. Too bad about the dimes.

Bugs Bunny is looking good. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Learn More...
United States
114890 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

I hate to see that 2015-W silver dimer suffer, but...
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the falcon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My pocket piece. It was a gift from my grandmother along with some other coins. I keep this in my wallet to fidget with and as a good lucky charm. It's not silver or rare or anything but I think it's very cool :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my current pocket piece

Pillar of the Community
United States
1574 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I carry around five USSR one ruble coins now.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
11/14/2021 11:09 pm
Learn More...
United States
114890 Posts
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericalynn13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive carried my '78 ike and a '97 Kennedy half in a coin purse for 25+ years.....I lost my Kennedy somewhere in the last few weeks :( ***fingers crossed*** it shows back up and isn't truly lost.
Learn More...
United States
114890 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ive carried my '78 ike and a '97 Kennedy half in a coin purse for 25+ years...

Quote:
I lost my Kennedy somewhere in the last few weeks

Quote:
***fingers crossed*** it shows back up and isn't truly lost.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only had a pocket piece for 1-2 months now,already seeing a little bit of toning on it. I am fidgety and enjoy flicking coins, this guy is big and I love the sound of silver so decided to make this one my pocket piece. Wonder how it will look in years to come(assuming I don't drop it 1000 times lol)

Page: of 36 Previous TopicReplies: 540 / Views: 97,216Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: