Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Checks

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 289 / Views: 35,651Next Topic
Page: of 20
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a few. Shall I keep going?

Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Shall I keep going?

Well GEEEEEEEEESH, of COURSE!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple more interesting pieces..

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Shall I keep going?

Yes, please! That Civil War check is quite interesting -- looks like it was kind of an early USO for Union troops. And I always like engraved items, so that Colorado check is very appealing. Keep 'em coming!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few ABNCo proofs.

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love all those proof checks! Thanks for posting them. The top one has a famous vignette called "The Crossing." You can read more about it here:
http://coxrail.blogspot.com/2015/07...rossing.html
On the far right, next to the horseman is some extremely tiny microprinting. I'd be curious if it is legible on your copy, if you can scan it at very high resolution (2400 dpi or greater).
Edited by GregAlex
04/11/2021 11:39 am
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - I've been off for a while. Some AMAZING posts here! Truly a treat to see.
Today I got a little something different. Not as cool, but Check out this fun check.
It has two depictions of banknotes, one is a UK 1 Pound note and the other is a US $20 National from Hancock New York, charter 8613.
I like the international vibe this has, Chile, Bolivia, England, USA.

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice item, Dave! You don't see many checks that depict actual banknotes. Thanks for posting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorta like the "stamp on stamp" topic often popular with collectors.
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my latest purchase. This check shares a vignette of "America" with some early federal currency. Can anyone tell me which notes they were?

Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's my latest purchase. This check shares a vignette of "America" with some early federal currency.
Very nice!

Quote:
Can anyone tell me which notes they were?
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked this little guy up at an ephemera show last week. I thought it was just a receipt until I got home and scanned it.

I may have to attempt a search to see if they were a repair shop or dealership.

UPDATE:
As of 1927, was a STAR dealership
Edited by Nells250
10/28/2021 3:30 pm
Page: of 20 Previous TopicReplies: 289 / Views: 35,651Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: