Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Depicting Sailing Ships

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,718 / Views: 126,192Next Topic
Page: of 115
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7058 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here'a medal from 1992 that commemorates the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' voyages to the New World. Columbus' Santa Maria is seen on the obverse in the background.

AT&T licensed the "500" logo seen on the reverse from the Christopher Columbus Quincentenary Jubilee Commission, a Commission created by the US Congress to, among other things, coordinate the US' 1992 commemoration of Columbus' voyage in 1492.

The obverse design seen on the medal was also "borrowed" from the Commission, as it was used on a number of the Commission's official commemorative medals.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
19233 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1965 Canada
Dollar
Type III,

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
19233 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1972 Canada
1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 2nd portrait.
-
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23068 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Statue of Liberty Half Dollars 1986-D, 1986-S

Edited by IndianGoldEagle
09/11/2021 11:32 am
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

While not as numerous as ship-related Conders, easily over a dozen types featuring a nautical theme are part of the 1811-1820 series of British copper and silver tokens that circulated during chronic shortages of "official" Regal coinage. One of my higher-grade examples is this 1811 halfpenny struck the Bristol Patent Sheathing Nail Manufactory of Somersetshire. Sheathing nails were used in shipbuilding to fasten ovelapping protective sheets of copper over a ship's hull below the waterline.

Withers 473a; Davis 111. Gilt proof.

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7058 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@daltonista: Great looking piece - "factory fresh!"

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1424 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Portugal 500 escudos 1996

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not exactly a sailing ship...more like a gaff cutter, sailing in the shadow of Peel Castle on the Isle of Man.

Isle of Man, 1811 Douglas Bank 1d token. Withers 2060, Davis 10.

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1023 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wannabfree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7058 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@owatchman/daltonista/wannabfree: Nice contributions! Thanks for posting!

There's such a variety out there - a collector of the theme would likely never get bored!

Page: of 115 Previous TopicReplies: 1,718 / Views: 126,192Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: