Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Favorite Coin To Collect?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, my avatar reflects my passion. But hubby is a huge fan of Franlkins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4302 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
US and Canadian commemorative coins and medals, silver crowns with allegorical depictions of "Liberty" and coins with eagles depicted in natural settings (i.e., as found in nature, not in artificial poses, holding arrows, with a shield on its chest, etc.)

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really sure lately. I start out liking one then slowly change to something else. Used to be Lincoln Cents. Now with 10 completed Albums of those, just sort of loosing interest in them. Most likely it's now Mercury dimes. Now on Album #12 of those and set #1 is almost all FSB. But if I had to make a choice it would be, in order:
1. Mercury dimes
2. Walking Liberty halves
3. Lincoln Cents
4. Sitting Liberty Dimes.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rking007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carl, It only took a measly 10 complete albums to 'sort of lose interest'...? :)

At heart, I'm a Lincoln Wheat lover due to my Grandma and Grandpa getting me started on those as a kid. I'm also doing a custom type set based on the over 100 years of Lincoln Cents so I've been studying the Barber series, Mercs, Walkers, Buffalo nickles, and other modern coins. I could can definitely see myself owning Dansco's for anything from the last 105 years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit of everything from colonial US to present day US as well as so either ransoms and bullion... but as far as which series particularly, hands down Morgans, more specifically MS-63 (preferably 65 and up, but I'll settle for a 63 if the toning's right, lol) and up toners, CC's and DMPL's. Flowed closely by the Seated series. And classic commems. I also have a lot of fun with my 7070... Just filled 4 more holes on my birthday (16'th).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
726 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add persistnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.My Fav. is a Horse Coin,., The UK has lots of nice horse coins (Crowns), Some are gold and expensive, some middle, some reasonable priced.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had to pick, I'd have to say U.S. Nickels and Finnish Markkas.
Valued Member
Canada
132 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, Right now I think it's Wheat Cents, Washington quarters, and Canadian Dimes. I could keep going for a while here...
Wheat Cents were one of the first coins that caught my eye at a young age, rolling change with my mom. The artwork of the obverse side is amazing!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
972 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wireman09 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian silver dollars...pre 1967.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
519 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2014  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add o-train to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian small cents and Canadian nickels. Also working on a set of wheat cents. If my budget allowed I would collect thaler/taler sized silver European coins from the late 15th to 18th centuries.
Learn More...
United States
84101 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2014  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yup, my avatar

Quote:
My avatar is a dead giveaway :-)

Quote:
yeah, my avatar reflects my passion.
I could be in this club, too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2014  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I could be in this club, too.
yeah, my avatar reflects my passion.
My avatar is a dead giveaway :-)
Yup, my avatar

Add me to that club also

I collect world silver bullion, but I luv me all the Libertads I can get my hands on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7666 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2014  10:06 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

<------------<< Indian Head cents

Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16646 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2014  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ALL coins, ancient to modern, from the inception of coinage circa 600 BC, up until about 1974, (Germany 5 marks), when silver was no longer issued into circulation. Exception being the Mexican silver 10 and 20 pesos, with the .925 silver center; I already have those.

One day, I will have a complete type set of World coins covering this period of about 2,600 years. I hope to complete it before my 4,656 th birthday. I should be quite an old man by then!

Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2014  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love Wheat cents, Morgans, Franklins, anything silver that I can click clack for less than silver spot. My avatar has sentimental value.

Looking forward to getting my $1000 in Ike's next week. That will be my favorite for the week for sure!
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05