Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wildwinds Links

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2014  9:47 pm Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A few weeks ago I contacted Dane about not being able to see the links to Wildwinds. She informed me that links to the site no longer work. So what that means is that if you post a link to a coin on Wildwinds here, we will not be able to access it.

Learn More...
Australia
13293 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2014  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just tested it; this link works.

I'm guessing that links to information pages work, but links directly to coin images do not?
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20380 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2014  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't make any sense? Why would anyone deny links to their site?
Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2014  12:18 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what Dane explained to me is that hotlinking the term she used when referring to using links to Wildwinds causes server problems. This may have contributed to the last server problems that they had. According to her the web administrator no longer allows hotlinking. I've noticed since than some post with links that didn't work. The last was one today. I'm a bit confused that some of you are able to access the links while others can't. I guess I'll shoot off another email to her to see if anything has changed in the last day or so.
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2014  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuy1530 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hotlinking basically means using a link to display an image from one site on another. So if you used the image tags to display an image from that site on this one (or any other one) it would call to their server each time someone loaded the page that the image was displayed on here, which can cause issues. Linking to things should work like normal, but if you wanted to show a picture from Wildwinds in a thread here you'd have to upload it somewhere else first.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20380 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2014  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I understand now. Hotlinking means you use their url to display the image here. So the image shows up here but the bandwidth is charged to them. I completely understand.

I had problems with our gallery site and have hotlink protection there. If someone hotlinks from a site I don't own, this is what shows up no matter what the image url is....

Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2014  12:27 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just shot off an email to Dane to see if anything has changed since our last communication.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05