Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1883-O Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,920Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2014  10:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one has been on my want list for a long time and completes my die stage set.( until I find upgrades at least)All opinions on the grade are welcome.

The fields are much more reflective than they appear in the photos, btw.

Added for detail of left wreath.
1883-O Nut
Edited by dave700x
09/12/2014 06:16 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5417 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2014  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zxcccxz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4676 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2014  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in at MS64, maybe even with a "+" tacked on, and I'd think it doesn't get to 65 solely on account of the obviously weak obverse strike. But I'd add that this assessment is what I see as its technical grade, and not necessarily what market grade it might receive.
Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2014  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and completes my die stage set.

Wow. Just wow.

And you have to know as well as I that you're unlikely to upgrade this one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2014  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I know you're probably right SsDd but hey, you never know. I was really loosing hope of finding any EDS example and suddenly one appeared in my favorite form, un-attributed.

I really need to get my axial lighting set up completed, though. These photos provide no justice for the depth of the reflective fields, especially the reverse.
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
440 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2014  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherreePicker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we see a close up of "In God We Trust".
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2014  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As requested. I apologize for the delay, work got in the way...

Not an easy task either. The reverse is near DMPL.
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
440 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherreePicker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave that's a nice 1C1. I've managed to accumulate 3 of these now. My best is a 62 DMPL which is undergraded.
They are tough to photograph. Looks like a solid 64 with a shot at 65.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse on this is spectacular, but unfortunately there is enough bag chatter on the obverse to limit it to 63ish. The photos do not show it very well because of the compromise in lighting just to get images. Thanks to all for looking and appreciate all your comments.

edit to add - Does anyone know if there is a triple clash 1C2 LDS with the chip on the wing tip?
1883-O Nut
Edited by dave700x
09/13/2014 08:09 am
Valued Member
440 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2014  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherreePicker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only seen double clash 1C2.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,920Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: