Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 266
Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i received this 2019-W washington quarter/idaho wilderness/river of no return in change from the winn-dixie at about 2am.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another interesting find in my change from winn-dixie last night:

a '25-S Wheat cent.. if it weren't for the two corrosion spots on the obverse this'd be a dandy little coin.. the date & mintmark are easily legible, and while it bears the chatter of years of circulation, it's really not bad. I have a friend who started Wheat cent folders relatively recently & I know she needs this one so i'll likely pass it on to her.
Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
another interesting find in my change from winn-dixie last night:
Very nice!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DiscoLover82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I found a stray 1978-D penny on a counter at work. It's probably in VG condition other than the mold; I've always liked moldy coins, so it went straight into my collection! No matter what, it's still made of mostly copper and has only increasing numismatic value thanks to its age and composition.
Edited by DiscoLover82
01/29/2020 7:46 pm
Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tampabaygrampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to Publix Supermarket this morning to pick up a few things. I weighed myself, as I usually do and checked the Coin Star machine, like I usually do. Found a couple toasted Memorial Pennies and a 1866 Shield nickel. I needed a loop to read the date but it is there. Pretty well worn but nice for 154 years old.
Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
101 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rusty_f to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Visiting Florida from Canada. Got this one in change from a toll booth in Orlando. I'm somewhere between surprised and shocked!

Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Visiting Florida from Canada. Got this one in change from a toll booth in Orlando. I'm somewhere between surprised and shocked!
A business strike S-Mint ATB in the wild! Excellent!
Valued Member
Canada
101 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rusty_f to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was paying for a treat at a 7-Eleven in Orlando when I noticed a bunch of dollar coins in the till, so I asked for them in change and they were all too happy to get them off their hands. I got 4 1979P SBAs which I later sent back into the wild, as well as these 10. As I only have ever gotten 2 golden dollars in the past I was happy to get them! All 10 turned out to be different, and I believe the Cleveland dollar is NIFC?

Learn More...
United States
82702 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
525 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this beauty today!
1958 LWC

Page: of 266 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05