Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,010 / Views: 421,462Next Topic
Page: of 268
Pillar of the Community
682 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 2009 D Professional life in Illinois Lincoln one cent coin. It is the first one cent coin from 2009 that I have received in a very long time.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DiscoLover82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^ Cool! I don't come across a lot of 2009 cents either, which is a shame considering how neat the four different designs are; they didn't really make a lot and it seems like a lot of what they did make were lapped up quickly by collectors.
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
Pillar of the Community
682 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On 4/22 I got a 2009D guam quarter.

On 4/24 I got a 2009 birth year cent.

On 4/25 I got a 1957d nickel that would grade AU.

On 4/30 I got a 2009 virgin islands quarter.

On 5/1 I got a 2009D formative years cent.

On 5/2 I got a 2009 professional life cent.

On 5/4 I got a 1963d nickel.

On 5/12 I got a 1954d Wheat cent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds ckrakowski!
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
Pillar of the Community
682 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 2009P dc quarter I also received a fredrick douglass philly quarter.

The douglass was the last one I needed from 2017 as I now have all five from both mints and I picked them all out of circulation.
Edited by ckrakowski
06/02/2020 6:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I received a 2009P dc quarter I also received a fredrick douglass philly quarter.
Very nice!

Quote:
The douglass was the last one I needed from 2017 as I now have all five from both mints and I picked them all out of circulation.
That is an impressive accomplishment!
Pillar of the Community
682 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is an impressive accomplishment

Even more so as I live in Colorado and do not come across many philly minted coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this morning I discovered a 2019-W quarter in my change from having bought a coffee last night, it's the second W quarter I've pulled from circulation, another river of no return:

heh.. the first interesting coin I've found in the wild in many weeks..
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this morning I discovered a 2019-W quarter in my change from having bought a coffee last night
Excellent!

Quote:
it's the second W quarter I've pulled from circulation, another river of no return
Lucky!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2020  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DiscoLover82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm feeling bad about never having found a single "W" mint coin of any denomination in my circulating change...
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now I'm feeling bad about never having found a single "W" mint coin of any denomination in my circulating change...
Do not feel so bad, you are not alone.
Pillar of the Community
682 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2020  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a bicentennial quarter. I know it is not worth more than face value but I like them. It will join my growing collection of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@DiscoLover82-

don't give up looking, it was a year before I found one.

lotta other cool stuff to find, tho.. like this.. from my coffee money change last night I picked another 2015-P nebraska homestead quarter that appears to be a WDDR-139:

although, I have to admit that I don't find the other markers on my coin.. no die chips or cracks on my coin like what's listed in wexler's description, just the bit of window doubling, so I'm supposing I may have an early die state. I spotted the doubling on the window easily, but I don't find the corn leaf die chip, the O die gouge or the chips/cracks at the roof peak/sky field. the fields above the roof line are smooth & clean.

this must be the fourth or fifth different nebraska homestead DDR I've found in the last year or more. yeah, it's beat up & full of chatter, but it's circulated, so it's expected. still fun to find & study & share with CCF!
Page: of 268 Previous TopicReplies: 4,010 / Views: 421,462Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05