Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,112 / Views: 436,863Next Topic
Page: of 275
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Old post I know, but I just saw this now and it just reminded me that my mom used to be a lunch lady at a middle school and there was one student a few years ago who brought in 1979-S proof half dollars on multiple occasions - perhaps 1979 was a parent's birth year? Presumably the kid didn't realize there was anything special about these coins.
That would be sad, but understandable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4742 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a customer who's total was $6.07 and he gave me $6.10 and that dime was a silver 1963 D!
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had a customer who's total was $6.07 and he gave me $6.10 and that dime was a silver 1963 D!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
746 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 1951-S Jefferson nickel.
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a friend owed me ten bucks. he handed me a sack of $10 in change today (he knows I totally dig sacks of coins for searching). in all that change I found these two little gems:

1945-P War Nickel, always a cool find.

1909 wheatie... I knew I found an old one when I picked it out of the pile & couldn't quite make out the date in the low light (those old wheaties have a certain patina, they're easy to spot), so I headed for the nearest light with my magnifying glass... when I saw the date I sucked in a deep breath & held it as I flipped the coin, looking for the VDB... nope, just an '09... but still a very cool pick!

finds like these keep me searching. it's got me wondering what I might find later tonight when I go out to feed kitties...
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better pix of that '09:

i realize those first pix weren't optimal, these pix are a little better.

sure, it's not BU, but I can't help but marvel at how really very decent this 111 yr old coin from circulation looks. I mean it's got no serious gouges or stains or crud build-up and has a really nice overall patina, it's just a really nice old coin. I hope I look as good when I hit 111.

my coin finds of late have been really very cool. I am blessed.
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sure, it's not BU, but I can't help but marvel at how really very decent this 111 yr old coin from circulation looks.
Pillar of the Community
746 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 1952 D Wheat cent.

Always a nice surprise to receive one.
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I found a 1919 Wheat cent out of a take a penny tray. made my day for sure!
Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I found a 1919 Wheat cent out of a take a penny tray. made my day for sure!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
503 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1909 penny? LUCKY!

Today's day trip to Maine didn't go as planned... BUT I did get a 1947 nickel in my Dunks change! Nothing special but I'll keep it anyway.

Learn More...
United States
101984 Posts
Page: of 275 Previous TopicReplies: 4,112 / Views: 436,863Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05