Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,085 / Views: 432,154Next Topic
Page: of 273
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Old post I know, but I just saw this now and it just reminded me that my mom used to be a lunch lady at a middle school and there was one student a few years ago who brought in 1979-S proof half dollars on multiple occasions - perhaps 1979 was a parent's birth year? Presumably the kid didn't realize there was anything special about these coins.
That would be sad, but understandable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4742 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a customer who's total was $6.07 and he gave me $6.10 and that dime was a silver 1963 D!
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had a customer who's total was $6.07 and he gave me $6.10 and that dime was a silver 1963 D!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
733 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 1951-S Jefferson nickel.
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a friend owed me ten bucks. he handed me a sack of $10 in change today (he knows I totally dig sacks of coins for searching). in all that change I found these two little gems:

1945-P War Nickel, always a cool find.

1909 wheatie... I knew I found an old one when I picked it out of the pile & couldn't quite make out the date in the low light (those old wheaties have a certain patina, they're easy to spot), so I headed for the nearest light with my magnifying glass... when I saw the date I sucked in a deep breath & held it as I flipped the coin, looking for the VDB... nope, just an '09... but still a very cool pick!

finds like these keep me searching. it's got me wondering what I might find later tonight when I go out to feed kitties...
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better pix of that '09:

i realize those first pix weren't optimal, these pix are a little better.

sure, it's not BU, but I can't help but marvel at how really very decent this 111 yr old coin from circulation looks. I mean it's got no serious gouges or stains or crud build-up and has a really nice overall patina, it's just a really nice old coin. I hope I look as good when I hit 111.

my coin finds of late have been really very cool. I am blessed.
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sure, it's not BU, but I can't help but marvel at how really very decent this 111 yr old coin from circulation looks.
Pillar of the Community
733 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a 1952 D Wheat cent.

Always a nice surprise to receive one.
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I found a 1919 Wheat cent out of a take a penny tray. made my day for sure!
Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I found a 1919 Wheat cent out of a take a penny tray. made my day for sure!
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1909 penny? LUCKY!

Today's day trip to Maine didn't go as planned... BUT I did get a 1947 nickel in my Dunks change! Nothing special but I'll keep it anyway.

Learn More...
United States
97967 Posts
Page: of 273 Previous TopicReplies: 4,085 / Views: 432,154Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05