Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,112 / Views: 436,914Next Topic
Page: of 275
Pillar of the Community
United States
1777 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 Guam quarter in he Also cart and 1943p nickel at Walgreens.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2009 Guam quarter in he Also cart and 1943p nickel at Walgreens.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  03:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
holy cow, I can't believe what I plucked from my pocket change today:

a little cruddy, some obvious damage on both sides, but still a very cool pull from circulation. I have no idea where I got it, it was in my pocket at the end of the night. a one hundred sixteen year old coin (was) still floating around in circulation. I'm sure there are more. also one of the oldest coins I've ever found in circulation.

worthy of the dancing banana.
Edited by MrPink2018
06/20/2021 05:03 am
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59355 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's remarkable indeed.
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
United States
1777 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coin! Sure is worthy of that banana.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
976 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had some amazing fortune this year, as far as finding interesting/collectible coins. I hope it continues.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it continues!

an unusually lengthy post today, but absolutely necessary, as you'll see.

my friends, today I walked over to the landlord & paid my rent. standing in the kitchen talking to landlord's wife, coins/collecting came up in conversation. long story short, she gave me a huge batch of loose coins to search thru. so I brought it all home and began sorting & counting & searching.

$240 in loose change, most of it now all rolled up:

and here's the small assortment of stuff I pulled from that, which i'll go on about directly:

4 bicentennial quarters (1 P, 3 Ds), 5 Nebraska Homestead quarters, 3 of which are DDRs, 7 LWC, 2 old Jeffies, a 1961-D Roosevelt dime (silver!), and a 1995 one pound coin from GB. the best coin is saved for last, and it's not the silver dime.

this 1955-D was improperly cleaned at some point:

2015-P Nebraska Homestead quarters, the first one is WDDR-107:

the next one is WDDR-114:

as previously mentioned, I saved the best for last... this one is WDDR-005, one of the few 'best of' varieties! I was stoked when I found this one!

the doubling of the well pump handle in window L3! that's awesome!

of course, all of this is worthy of the dancing banana.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8231 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. I guess the mint was full of baloney saying the move to digital die production would eliminate DDO and DDR's. They are still out there.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
761 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
746 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a gem bu 1968 s one cent coin.

It looks as though it was minted just yesterday.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
976 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the 1968 S
Page: of 275 Previous TopicReplies: 4,112 / Views: 436,914Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05