Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Needs To Change For The Next F.u.n. Show?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  03:15 am Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While the 2015 F.U.N. Show is still fresh in our thoughts, what needs to change for the next F.U.N. Show?
What needs to be added?
What needs to be deleted?

I think the 2015 F.U.N. Show went very well (my observation only).

At the very end, we ran out of the loops I brought. I just need to order and bring more loops next time. (They are already on my shopping list.)

I believe there are already plans to make dice rolling easier and less likely to "mis"-roll.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What needs to be added next year....ME!
Looks like a lot of FUN.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We had a blast. There were more kids than ever! I've already started looking for prizes for next year, we really got wiped out. We gave away thousands of random coins, about 150 proof sets (we're completely out now), about 60 certified coins (we're down to less than ten), and three Morgans and Peace dollar. Also many miscellaneous folders, a ton of loupes, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'm not remembering....
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also starting to shop for the next show.
I'll be bringing some more coins, proof sets, and I'll see if we can build that dice roller ;-)
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4112 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Move it to Georgia, where it can then be the G.U.N. Show.
Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2015  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fromms2244 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think y'all should make a thread and post everyone that stops by the booth like an online roll I guess.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2015  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Move it to Georgia, where it can then be the G.U.N. Show.

Ha! This made me chuckle I'm sure a bunch of gun enthusiasts would show up & be confused to see coins everywhere.
Edited by CopperCastle
01/17/2015 03:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2015  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what time I spent there Bobby and crew were doing an AWESOME job and the kids were having so much fun. Smiles all around! Great job to all!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2015  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Dawn and I are thinking about it too. It was our first time meeting everyone from CCF there and it looks like you guys did a great job to us. It's really hard to come up with something.

We know we would like to help out.

We need to do some researching about hotel rooms and such as soon as we can.

Well keep thinking and see what we can suggest.

Learn More...
Canada
8844 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2015  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me know your feedback on those "medium" Canadian prizes I sent down, I can probably rustle up more for next year...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2015  08:03 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it wasn't so far away, I really would like to go at least once...it could be moved to Ft Worth next year...it could still be FUN.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
937 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2015  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tryna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope to see you in Tampa next year. Oh, one warning about Tampa. There is no place to buy a decent breakfast! Every time the national sports media comes here they complain about it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2015  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"I believe there are already plans to make dice rolling easier and less likely to "mis"-roll."

When I read this an image came to mind:

Any CCF members have a metal shop?
I assume it can be made YN friendly.

Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2015  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know how you would go about doing this, but dealers need to be there for the whole show. There were a number who had packed up by Friday night, and probably a third had left by mid-Saturday. Maybe you could group the early-departures in a particular section, so at least visitors know to hit them first.
Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  12:37 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GregAlex,

that decision was made by the F.U.N. club, not CCF. I don't know if that will be the on going procedure, or if it will change. I would hope dealers are at least required to stay all of Saturday.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they left before Saturday at three they are supposed to be put in the back of the floor if they come back the following year. I did see Cindy walking around Saturday afternoon looking.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05