Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Third Edition! - Ended At 1487 Waiting On 1486 -

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,662 / Views: 235,480Next Topic
Page: of 245
Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2015  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Japan
336 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heisei 25 = 2013
5 Yen proof (in proof set)

Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More pocket change:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7945 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  07:05 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only just received my Royal Mint 2015 British set today, so too late to post it!

So here's a 2013 50p instead!

Edited by NumisRob
01/22/2015 07:06 am
Learn More...
Canada
9459 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  08:37 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does a little bit of exonumia count?

This is the rare, 2013 Canadian 'dot' cent...

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
94405 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does a little bit of exonumia count?

This is the rare, 2013 Canadian 'dot' cent...
Heck yeah! That one for sure!

I did not see as many 2014 Kennedy half dollars I expected, but thank you for those who stepped up and represented.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I'll just keep posting Euros... I used to think that Euros were really boring until I discovered the commemoratives and found out that new countries had joined the Eurozone since 2002. Hopefully this gets someone else interested, too.

Netherlands, 2 euro, 2013 - commemorating the abdication of Queen Beatrix and the coronation of King Willem-Alexander I. Abdication and having two side-by-side heads on coins are Dutch traditions: check out the very similar coin made in 1980 for the abdication of Juliana and the coronation of Beatrix: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces5278.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1618 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm interested in euros.. just don't have good access to them.
My local dealer never tosses them in the quarter bin. Instead he bags them up and wholesales them for 80-90% of face, and dislikes selling onesies. :(

However, that quarter bin *does* produce a lot of exotic recent stuff, such as this aluminum 2 rupee from Pakistan:

Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2015  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Groszy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I have stuff, and I do plan on sharing a bit, unfortunately my "more current" stuff is rather lame, so I'll wait a bit.

However, my main intent on posting is to point out the typo in the thread title: How for back can we go?
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did the clock turn over?

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7945 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  04:23 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Britain 2012 £2 coin commemorating Charles Dickens.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
510 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davidrj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada 1 cent 2012

Pillar of the Community
United States
6309 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by muddler
01/23/2015 09:48 am
Learn More...
Canada
9459 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada's most expensive 1-cent (face value) coin, with respect to issue price from the Royal Canadian Mint. This is the 2012 cent, struck on 5 ounces of silver.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 245 Previous TopicReplies: 3,662 / Views: 235,480Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 6.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05