Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Third Edition! - Ended At 1487 Waiting On 1486 -

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,662 / Views: 235,469Next Topic
Page: of 245
Learn More...
Canada
9459 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to sneak one more in here... this is a favourite of mine, being a geologist who has done research for gold exploration.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Austria, 2 euro, 2012 - 10 Years of Euro Currency

This is a "common commemorative", meaning that it commemorates an event that's relevant to the entire Eurozone, not just one or two of its member nations. Because of this, every Euro-issuing nation was required to issue a coin with this design in 2012.

Here's some interesting trivia: in Luxembourg, the Grand Duke's face is required by law to appear on every coin, no exceptions. So what to do when the ECB tells you that you must issue a coin with this design on it? After all, you can't change the design of the "common" 2-euro side, and the design of the other side has been mandated from above. Where are you going to put the Grand Duke? So they came up with a really fun, innovative solution: put a lateral image in the center. From one angle, you see the Euro sign - from another angle, you see the profile of the Grand Duke. Problem solved. Unfortunately, I don't yet have one of these.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
548 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Demarco Bishopp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Sovereign (re-design):

Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too fast ......... should be more than 24 hrs

Got busy with work yesterday, and totally missed being able to post my 2013 coins.
Edited by denco7
01/23/2015 10:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
134 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Kish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably my biggest quarter ever.

(scratches are on the plastic cover)

Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scottk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two National Park quarters from circulation....

Denali and Acadia.

Edited by scottk
01/24/2015 01:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2015  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SjlundCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chaco Culture/Denali 2012 ATB Quarters

Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And more pocket change:

This one does not have the standard reverse design but commemorates the CHOGM (Commomwealth Head Of Government Meeting) 2011 in Perth, Western Australia.
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scottk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha...

Some nice pocket change exhibits.
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some nice pocket change exhibits.

There are quite a few Dollar and 50 Cent commemorative coins which are circulation issues, also can find the odd 20 Cent commemorative piece.

Since I more or less abandoned my world coin collection in the 1990s (still filling some gaps and keeping at least one per year), there is not much else but pocket change I can post here for some time.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
510 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davidrj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 Yuan from China 2011

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
548 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  05:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Demarco Bishopp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2011 Silver Britannia (proof)

Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scottk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greek one euro...

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7943 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2015  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The famous UK 2011 Olympic football 50p explaining the 'offside' rule!

Edited by NumisRob
01/24/2015 2:13 pm
Page: of 245 Previous TopicReplies: 3,662 / Views: 235,469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05