Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Are Your State Quarters Coming Along...?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6350 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2015  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started saving the 50 States Quarters on a trip to the USA in 2000, and I subsequently revisited the States in 2003, 2004, 2013 and last year. I am hoping to receive some of my gap fillers through trades with other CCF members. I am currently missing only one Philadelphia coin - 2008 Alaska, and four Denvers: 2006 South Dakota, 2007 Montana, 2008 Arizona and 2008 Hawaii.

I am very patchy on the 2009 Territories and the ATB Quarters.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2015  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thryan9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A friend of mine gave me a State Quarter album for my birthday in '99 because he knew I was a coin collector. It has just one slot for each state, but it is a really nice folder. So I told him I would fill it up. As each state came out, I would go to the bank and get a few dollars worth of the new ones, go home and sort them out and pick the best ones for the album and some flips. If any tarnished over time from handling, I would swap them out with one from a flip that hadn't. I filled the album up and the coins look great. I have to say it was a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

I haven't done anything for the National Park quarters, and I regret it. Buying a filled album just doesn't seem like it would have the same satisfaction as completing your own. But I really would like to have one, so maybe...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2015  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another Canadian here. I have 99 of 100 State Quarters; missing 2003P Illinois

Once you find it, you'll see it all the time. I couldn't find a D South Dakota for the longest time. Now that I have it, I see them regularly.

Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2015  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice GR! I am still searching for an Acadia.
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2015  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rusty_f to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Once you find it, you'll see it all the time.

I know what you mean! Every time I encounter a relatively uncommon ATB or territorial quarter, some of which I have found several of, I think of that 2003P Illinois with piles of them out there somewhere in pockets and cash registers and wonder why I can't find one to save my life!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10292 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2015  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
thanks for posting the pics of you first day covers and greetings from America sets.

@GR58, happy to do it. And thanks to jbuck for finding that other thread with the pics. Note that Greetings set wasn't mine, just a current eBay auction. Maybe when I find 2008 I'll post pics of the complete set.
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2015  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And thanks to jbuck for finding that other thread with the pics.
You are welcome. I just like reminding you of your accomplishment.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6350 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2015  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just filled a gap thanks to a CCF member - Montana 2007D!
Gone in my folder today!
Also got an ATB Fort McHenry quarter!
Edited by NumisRob
01/28/2015 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2015  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just a reminder.

We have a place for trading coins...

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/..?FORUM_ID=17

Hi jbuck

I know everyone has their own thread, but is there any way to create a shared thread with no specific owner for a certain type, say "State and ATB Quarters?" If that's possible, please let me know and I'll write up the lead in post for it.

Thanks
OSMS
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2015  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 12coins12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just finished my 2 dansco album P,D,S,S-Sil set.I had the mint and the silver proof quarters already because I have been collecting 4 of them since 1999. I now just need to figure out what to do with the other coins that came in the mint and silver proof sets that I took apart...
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2015  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi jbuck

I know everyone has their own thread, but is there any way to create a shared thread with no specific owner for a certain type, say "State and ATB Quarters?" If that's possible, please let me know and I'll write up the lead in post for it.

Thanks
OSMS
I will have to discuss this with the staff.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2015  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have complete P & D Whitman albums that I put together from scratch. Being on the west coast, we hardly come across P coins. While back on the east 2 years ago I purchased 10 quarter rolls from a local bank, which brought me 35 P quarters I didn't have. Over time I filled in the blanks. Now I keep an eye out for State Quarters that are in better condition to replace the beaters in the albums.

I also am working on P & D ATB albums too. I have been cheating with these coins by buying UNC ATB Quarter sets from the Mint.
Edited by welder
01/29/2015 12:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6350 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2015  02:54 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to arby96 I how have all the 50 State Quarters - both mints!

I filled the last gap in my folder (Alaska 2008P) yesterday!

It's great to complete a series that I first started collecting when on a motoring holiday in the States with a friend in 2000!
Valued Member
Canada
261 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2015  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add McNickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I how have all the 50 State Quarters - both mints!

Congrats NumisRob

That's quite an achievement from across the pond! Being in Canada it's much easier because we get so many US coins in our change, but I'm still 4 short ... and I'm not even going after both mints lol.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2015  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coolfool_2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have all the states but missing Samoa D, Virgin Islands D and both Mariana Islands.
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05