Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Game Of The Contemporary Civilizations Revised

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2015  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget that while the minting stopped early in the 7th century (the variety contemporary with Maurice Tiberius is the last issue), they continued in circulation into the 19th century.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2015  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your a Funny guy!
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2015  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really need to get back to the Julio-Claudians , after my next Siliqua of Constantius II , I think I will buy a a few nice Denarii.
Echizento can you post one for this time period?
Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I don't have any from another empire from this time period.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone feel free to volunteer a coin and see their contemporary.
Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one

Kushan
AE Tetradrachm
Vima Kadphses
100 AD

Gobl 762

Sorry my mistake, that's what I get for trying to go from memory instead of reading the 2x2. Thanks for the correction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Echizento are you sure that is not Vima Kadphises AD 100-128?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4800 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In response to the Vima Kadphises:

Pakoros II
tetradrachm, 79 - 105 AD
Sellwood 73.9

Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another contemporary here:

AE 17 of Rabbell II (~71-106), Kingdom of Nabatea - BMC#30

Obverse: Jugate busts of Rabbell and his sister Gamilath
Reverse: "RaBAL GaMiLaT" between two cornucopiae

Pillar of the Community
United States
4800 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like those Nabatean double portraits.

Here's another Pakoros II, a drachm this time.
78 - 105 AD
Sellwood 73.13

Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonder if those two (Pakores and Rabbell) ever met or at least exchanged diplomatic notes - their times of rule had a very close overlap.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You Eastern collectors have some impressive coins.

Emperor Trajan
AE As
Struck 100 AD.
Rome Mint.
Learn More...
United States
22887 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is Aug Max with all the Romans?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4800 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Trajan as, AN.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would you like me to post ?
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05