Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Legend: Eingetr Fabrik Zeichen

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 4,227Next Topic  
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  10:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi.

We can find this legend EINGETR FABRIK ZEICHEN and a five point star (pentagram) with inner circle in numismatic buttons, token and , also, in oil lamp knob (picture: cufflink similar to 2 1/2 dollar).

It is in german language, meaning: " registered trademark" but I cannot find what factory is. It was active during second half 19 century, and early 20.

Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2481 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  11:53 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you luck. I have been chasing this for years and found nothing.
Pillar of the Community
3772 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will find this on products indicating that the design is protected like you can find 'copyright' on written material without the author being named. It is not used by only one manufacturer, so you cannot trace the specific manufacturer just by having that stamp on it, you need extra information - try to find out who used that five pointed star with a little circle in it (which I can see on your picture).
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2481 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the star which I have been following. The output is prodigious. Latin America in particular is a happy hunting ground for these, particularly with regard to tokens, buttons and flame regulators.
The item illustrated by Veton appears to be a collar or shirt front stud. A first for me.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18532 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect that it is a shirt cuff stud for a ceremonial or formal (military?) suit or uniform. The plating has long since gone, of if brass, long since lost it's polish.
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2015  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am agree, it must be a shirt cuff stud (in spanish we use the same word for these and for two similar buttons in each side); and, of course, it is the pentagram with inner circle the logo,s factory we look for.

v.
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is copy of 50 centimos de peso (1/2 peso) coin, mint MANILA, struck from 1865 to 1868 ( Queen Isabel II).

legend is: REINA DE LAS ESPAÑAS FILIPINAS (Queen of the Spains)

Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is intriguing. As I understand it, buttons depicting the Spanish coat of arms were popular in the 19th century both in Spain and the Americas. This touches on my interest in the era of Isabel II. I've been searching for source information on potential counterfeiters during that era and suspect that button manufacturers may have played a role. However, I've been struggling to find verifiable information to connect manufacturers and persons of that era with a given example.

I hope others can provide additional info on this button manufacturer(s) as a step along the way.
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PatAR, I am interested in button-makers (and buttons in general), but I have not also found anything that allows to associate them with forgers of coins. In this link we have a list of spanish button-makers
http://botonistica.es/botoneros/fabricantes.html

And this one is specifically about Isabel II,s counterfeits
http://isabeliireinadelasespanas.bl...abel-ii.html
It is in spanish language, but as curiosity, read first link of this blog (also in english):
http://isabeliireinadelasespanas.bl...astada.html)

There is an interesting information: fake gold coins of Isabel II were made of gilt platinum because in that years platinum had no worth ...so I hope to get one of these.
Edited by Veton
02/16/2015 02:38 am
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I refresh this topic. There is a link between five points star logo and Gebrüder (brothers) Kugel brand name:

Also, we can associate that logo with G.K.L. initials:

So, buttons, tokens, flame regulators... with five points star, EINGETR FABRIK ZEICHEN or G.K.L., must be Gebrüder Kugel artifacts.

In 1795, Gebrüder Dicke established a metal buttons factory in Lüdenscheid (Kingdom of Prussia, today Rheinland Westphalen, Germany).
1825, associated with Kugel, brand name is Gebrüder Dicke & Kugel.
In 1853, Dicke & Kugel.
And in 1871, firm become controlled by Kugel brothers, the brand name was Gebrüder Kugel till
1907 when they partnered with Fink, then used as trade name Gebruder Kugel & Fink (backmark: G.K. & F) used in
military buckles and other elements during I WW.

Check:
( http://www.botonistica.es/catalogo1...icantes.html )
and also:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=314567

Learn More...
United States
100638 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 4,227Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05