Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Ultra-high Relief 3-coin Set Singing Moon Mask

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best Pictures wins this:

1993 Specimen coin set.

No case: Free shipping! I will see if I can find the 10c and the penny lol.

If someone wants to organize it , maybe give it a month so those who have the set can put up pictures.

Then have some kind of vote.

Just a thought , if no one is interested no biggy.
Edited by Northerncoins
03/05/2015 3:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yingyang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The picks do not do justice to the set needs to be in hand .

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6600 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, yingyang
Thank you for the pictures.

Could you tell please - on the enameled coin, the "gray" layer that under it I see the rounds - is it enamel too, or it kind of proof?

The proof coin has traditional "mirrored" surface or it "matte"?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1251 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great pictures.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yingyang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The proof coin has traditional "mirrored" surface or it "matte"?

The 8 dots are mirrored finish.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Antique one looks really nice, cant wait for mine to arrive now lol.

The enameled one looks like some of the features are missing? or did they fill them will black enameling?
Edited by Northerncoins
03/05/2015 4:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yingyang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The enameled one looks like some of the features are missing? or did they fill them will black enameling?

Looks like Black/Gray enamelling ,like I said the coins looks a million times better in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I just noticed the enamel coin is not as ornate as the other two. It seems the outer part with enamel rings doesn't have the ornate detail of other two coin, or am I missing something? Do they have the ultra high relief please comment on it. I'm enjoying photos very much. Congrats to all who took the plunge, a very nice set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6600 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I just noticed the enamel coin is not as ornate as the other two. It seems the outer part with enamel rings doesn't have the ornate detail of other two coin, or am I missing something? Do they have the ultra high relief please comment on it. I'm enjoying photos very much. Congrats to all who took the plunge, a very nice set.

As I understood from the picture:
all the coins have the same design, but on the enameled coin, the outer ring has gray/black enamel, so we can see raised dots, but do not see the rounds that have low relief.
The coins aren't Ultra High Relief, but High Relief.
I can compare with UHR Lynx tomorrow, when will pick up my set from PO.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the one coin has black/ grey enamel? I thought the enamelling was just done in red. This makes the coin more interesting! Those that have the set in hand, please rank the coins in terms of preference. It would be interesting to read what people choose. From photos the antique followed by the enamelled coin are my choices. This sets seems like to be a top release for the year. It would be nice to see a couple photos of the case with the coins. It would be interesting to know how they decided on 3,000 sets? I forgot to ask, what is the quality of enamelling like? The Great Lakes had some issue with tiny scratches.
Edited by pocket change 50
03/05/2015 7:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6600 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So the one coin has black/ grey enamel? I thought the enamelling was just done in red

Only people with set "in hand" could confirm.

@Yingyang:

You got very rare and unique low COA, this is nice.

See:

**The (1) set has (3) coins [1,3], with the COA 85 you have:
8+5 = 13, which gives you {1,3] = 1 set 3 coins.

**The coins in the set are:
Proof (P = 16)
Enameled (E = 5)
Antique (A = 1)
in Total: 16+5+1 = 22 ==> 2+2 = 4
your COA is 85 ==> 8+5 = 13 ==> 1+3 = 4
so basically your COA repeats pattern: Proof, Enamel, Antique

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
See:

**The (1) set has (3) coins [1,3], with the COA 85 you have:
8+5 = 13, which gives you {1,3] = 1 set 3 coins.

**The coins in the set are:
Proof (P = 16)
Enameled (E = 5)
Antique (A = 1)
in Total: 16+5+1 = 22 ==> 2+2 = 4
your COA is 85 ==> 8+5 = 13 ==> 1+3 = 4
so basically your COA repeats pattern: Proof, Enamel, Antique

Lol sorry I am not very good at math, apparently.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6600 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lol sorry I am not very good at math, apparently.

Tell me, which step of two flows is not really clear.
I'll explain
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2178 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some Eye Candy pics which are showing all under 200Kb but is says image too large when I try to post. arghhhhh!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2015  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tell me, which step of two flows is not really clear.
I'll explain

85 cant = 13 or atleast it didn't when I went to school but we didn't have calculators then either so maybe my math skill are wrong. Splitting 85 to an 8 and a 5 doesn't make any sense

Edited by Northerncoins
03/05/2015 9:02 pm
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05