Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Are You From?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,472 / Views: 317,723Next Topic
Page: of 232
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got some old paperwork that says that I came from my Mom in Detroit, but my brother has always told me I came from an aardvark at the zoo.
I had tests taken several years ago but the results are inconclusive.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverstuff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello! I'm from Northern California and have never collected coins. My father passed and left me with a bunch of silver and jewelry. I've been learning a little here and there but have a long way to go!
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Two_Bits to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Friends!!

Super small town- Eddyville/Kuttawa Kentucky in the United States Of America! #10084;#65039;

Extremely new to coin collecting, when I was a child I would grab change from my parents jar to go buy candy and cokes. Little did I know, those were all the extremely collectible coins... So, trying to do my part 35 years later to leave my kids something interesting.
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dolly jane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.. I'm dolly jane ,I'm from the mountains of east Tennessee here in the USA. Just have started collecting..don't know alot about nothing concerning this kinda thang.. but here I am. Hope to make good friends..please be patient with me ... :)
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rick-99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great welcome. My name is Rick I'm from sunny San Diego. Dad got me started collecting as a kid. Look forward to learning more.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steve to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dallas,Tx
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grushna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tampa, Florida
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JRock23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Indian cents are my area of interest. Fascinated by the design and eye appeal of a coin with a strong strike and nice red color.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DACWG183 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Everyone. I am from the good ole USA. Small Carroll County Georgia. I have something to say so bear with me.

I fell into this really by accident. I found a coin one day that looked so bizarre I had to find out about it....well the rest is history. The little coin I found wasn't the part of my story I want to focus on but what this hobby has done for me. For years I was focused on drugs and Alcohol. Staying in places I shouldn't. No more. Today I'm at the kitchen table with two or three boxes of each denomination around me and a USB microscope. I can say there is no other hobby on the planet like this. Nothing compares.

One thing that really stands out is I have posted some stupid things asking if it was an error. The more I learn the more I retain. I appreciate everyone here being professional, nice and informative. I believe this should be the etiquette to all people at all times but especially here, this hobby. I have met others like myself, this saved them. I have also met those in this hobby with no heart. No character, full of themselves and willing to crush anyone who disagrees or has another opinion. If that is you please reconsider. In other places, other groups I was so discouraged I had all of my things boxed up and ready to quit. But as luck would have it someone told me about this community. Since I have regained my desire to learn with the determination that no one will keep me from it. Remember the newbie may not be trying to make a buck, he/she may be escaping from bad habits or a bad life. This hobby has the ability to change people. I am thankful I found a place that seems to understand that. God bless you all and I look forward to learning from the best!!
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdc138 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Texas now I live in a small bayou town of Breaux Bridge LA United States
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm from California
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
09/21/2021 6:31 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. My name is bugil46 on eBay, so I'll use the same here.
I am a 69 year old retired minister and school teacher.
I enjoy bank roll searching USA coins for errors and varieties.
This was a childhood hobby and one I'm glad to say I've return to in 2020.
Finding and selling authentic errors and varieties give me much satisfaction.
Can't believe it took so long to return to my childhood hobby.
Hope I posted this in the right forum.
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeeLeeUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Born and lived in the Roman city of Bath, England, for my first 22 years of life. Now living in Bristol for the past 41 years, which is the city of the famous sailing ship The Matthew.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm from long island New York
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Domrah87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ello My name is Dom I'm from Cortland New York. I'm exactly a collector but my father was and I now have a few coins that I want to get a little bit of info on. Thank you.
Page: of 232 Previous TopicReplies: 3,472 / Views: 317,723Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05