Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

32 Day Extravaganza of Capped Bust Coins!!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 119
Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by Joe2007
03/22/2015 2:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1504 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct, germanicvs. The mintages were generally much lower for dimes and quarters, along with many years where none were minted. The capped bust half dollar only skipped 1816, due to a fire at the mint. When we get into the 1830's, you may see more dimes and quarters.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
03/22/2015 2:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As an side observation - the overwhelmingly majority of coins posted thus far in this thread have been half dollars. Only a handful of quarters have been posted, and unless I have overlooked something, no dimes as of yet.

I am guessing that this reflects the lesser availability of the quarters and dimes today v.s the half dollars? (as opposed to popularity?)

As DoubleEagle20 correctly mentions there are a number of years pre 1820 that there wasn't Capped Bust Quarter or Dimes minted and those years they were minted tend to be quite expensive for the average collector especially in VF or higher. When we get into the 1830's the prices for these coins drop considerably so we should see more examples. Hopefully we will see some Capped Bust half dimes later on in this thread too. They started being minted in 1829 and are fairly obtainable in the 1830's.
Edited by Joe2007
03/22/2015 2:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1513 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a dime to mix it up a little.

1820/19

Pillar of the Community
United States
1513 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few CBQs. Sorry for the horrible pics.

B-1, R-2. Large O. I call it Fine.

B-3, R-4. Large O. I call it VG+

Another B-1, R-3. I call this one VG also.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6326 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Check TypeCoin971793's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ GERMANICUS

The half dollars are by FAR more obtainable in attractive grades than quarters.
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1318 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1820 capped Bust Dime, variety with large 0 in date.

Pillar of the Community
Germany
1318 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for being out of sync with the dates - totally forgot the 1814 date for CBDs.
Here is an JR-5, 'statesofamerica' variety.

Edited by GERMANICVS
03/22/2015 6:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping to post this yesterday ... but got busy

1819 Quarter

GoldRush58 - GR58
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11813 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just looked through all nine pages ...again

All I can say is....
I wish I could have my pick of all these coins, to upgrade my
type set.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
United States
4512 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  06:30 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for posting this a day early yesterday...

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3549 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4512 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait, what? I thought I was a day early yesterday with my 1821. I'm so confused...
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost a week before I can contribute, but still enjoying the show.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3549 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2015  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ha! I see my problem.
Without much to post I get the schedule wrong.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Page: of 119 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05