Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Crown!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2015  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1796 8R

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2015  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1934 Peru Un Sol

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6331 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  02:25 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Britain 1662 crown - King Charles II:

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a large coins .. so I hope it fits into this crown
size group.

1972 Cayman Islands $25.00

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Kronenthaler of the Austrian Netherlands is named for the multiple crowns depicted on their obverse, and as a thaler sized coin we can consider it as a "crown", too.

My previous crown post showed the last Patagon of Charles II as the Spanish King died in that year, 1700, sparking the War of Spanish Succession. At its conclusion in 1714, Spain was ruled by a grandson of Louis XIV under the House of Bourbon but forced to cede several possessions. The Netherlands continued under the rule of the House of Habsburg as the Austrian Netherlands.

The early Kronenthalers kept a similar appearance to the earlier Patagon. This one is from reign of Maria Theresa and the year, 1765, that her son Joseph II became Holy Roman Emperor after the death of Francis I.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6331 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jgenn - the coins you post and their stories are most interesting!

Here's something more conventional - an 1847 Victorian Young Head crown from Great Britain. This coin has a mintage of only 140,976, and it was another 40 years before British crowns were struck again for circulation:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2061 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps marginal as a crown, but the largest silver coin issued by Poland between the wars. 10 Zlotych. I like the design. Obtained at a scrap price.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2449 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2014 5 Pound coin from Guernsey.

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5830 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  01:52 am  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A used to be Crown

A new Crown

Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6331 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  03:03 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've already posted this in another thread but I still think this is the world's most beautiful crown (maybe I'm biased!)

Great Britain 1847 Gothic Crown.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will never tire of seeing that beautiful crown, NumisRob!

The Sovereign Military Order of Malta is the modern name of the medieval order known by many other titles including the Order of Saint John and the Knights Hospitaller. They administered the Mediterranean island of Malta from 1530 to 1798, when they were permanently evicted by Napoleon.

During their administration of Malta, they issued the 30 Tari silver crown-sized coin. This one is from 1768 during the Grand Mastership of Fra' Manuel Pinto da Fonseca, a Portuguese nobleman who led the order from 1741 to his death in 1773. The obverse shows a coat arms that is a combination of Pinto's house and the order's. The reverse is an image of St. John the Baptist.

Edited by jgenn
04/05/2015 12:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5830 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2015  05:36 am  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 2002 Proof Five Pound Coin Part of the Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee Collection

Denomination: Five Pounds

Obverse Designer: Raphael Maklouf

Reverse Designer: Marcel Canioni

Alloy: Sterling.925 silver with the Queen's portrait highlighted in 22-carat gold

Diameter: 38.61mm

Weight: 28.28gms

Quality: Proof

Issue Limit 25,000

Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6331 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2015  02:51 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Britain 1933 Crown. One of the George V wreath crowns issued from 1927-34 and in 1936. These coins were struck in fairly small quantities and issued around Christmas time so they could be given as presents. The design is by Kruger Gray:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some new LED lights for my coin photography setup so I'm starting to re-image my collection. Here, freshly captured, is one of my nicest Spanish 8 Reales; from the reign of Phillip V, a grandson of Louis XIV. His accession to the Spanish throne in 1700 sparked the 14 year War of Spanish Succession, where the other European powers refused to allow the possibility of a united French and Spanish crown.

Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05