Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, proofs and other finds  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 1615
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pan4au to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice cabo... the banks around here have been skunks for awhile... too much competition. I'll keep checking.. you never know what and when you'll find it.. congrats.
Learn More...
United States
56890 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked these up at 1 bank on Thursday.
Nice finds!
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jaobler that is a really nice find. Congrats
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1934 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:07 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 2 boxes from Chase. The type that have been producing lately for me.
In box one, I found 1 40% ender, and after opening that roll (which had only that ender), the very next roll had a 40%er. I was very hopeful for a good box.
The rest of the box had 1 more 40% somewhere in the middle, and the 2nd box had zilch.
I didn't totally skunk, but it sure felt like it.
Yeah I got 3 free silvers, but the excitement was muted by the order in which the events transpired.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find BigSilver. I picked up 4 boxes from Comerica and 4 boxes from Chase and I'm on box 7.5 and haven't found one silver yet!
Hauling in the 1982 No FG's though. I think I found 4 so far and a 1972-D as well.
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1934 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:34 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up 4 boxes from Comerica and 4 boxes from Chase and I'm on box 7.5 and haven't found one silver yet!

OUCH!
I get my boxes from Chase on the corner of Coolidge Hwy and Lincoln. They have been ok. I don't search for No FGs or anything else really and I even throw back the few proofs that I find.
I have never gotten boxes from Comerica, but I have gotten silver in CWR from there.
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was one of those days. Went to a few banks nothing at all. Stopped at another that I had never visited before teller says I have 10 Half Dollars as she is counting them and placing them in the metal tray I see the reverse of a Barber. She then proceeded to put the other 9 in the tray all Barber halves and I give her $5. As this is happening I can't beleive what is happening. Went to a couple of other banks nothing at all. I will be returning there to see the other tellers.

Had a similar situation last year I will take some pics and tell the story tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1279 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabowabo, Not that has never happen to to me, not with Barbers anyway! Outstanding. With That my first 4 boxes this week 3 skunks, 1-69. See what happens tomorrow!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1801 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my God, cabowabo! That's amazing! Congrats!

I was all excited about my box from this past Friday... MY most 90%-ers in a box, and 2nd most silver overall. 61-D and 62-D Bens, a 64-D, 3 40%-ers, a 72-S Proof, and 6 NIFCs including some of the harder-to-find 2008 and 2011 coins. In contrast, my box today was almost a total skunk. A 2002-D NIFC and that was it.
CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, cabo, I’ve never seen barbers found by the tens, congratulations!
Learn More...
United States
56890 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Stopped at another that I had never visited before teller says I have 10 Half Dollars as she is counting them and placing them in the metal tray I see the reverse of a Barber. She then proceeded to put the other 9 in the tray all Barber halves and I give her $5.

Quote:
I was all excited about my box from this past Friday... MY most 90%-ers in a box, and 2nd most silver overall. 61-D and 62-D Bens, a 64-D, 3 40%-ers, a 72-S Proof, and 6 NIFCs including some of the harder-to-find 2008 and 2011 coins.
Two excellent reports!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1279 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey everyone, Me second 4 boxes for this week were the same as the first 4 boxes for this week. 3 skunks and the slight difference is I scored 1-68 instead of a 69. Yea!.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Learn More...
United States
56890 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1279 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Jbuck it could be worse, I am happy to state my last 4 boxes for this week was much better, only one skunk! I pulled 7-40%ers, and 11-Clad Proofs, 4-67, and 3-68, only one short for my weekly goal of 10 pieces of silver. I truly didn't think I was going go get that close this week. Proofs, 1-84, 1-90, 1-93, 1-95, 1-97, 2-01, 1-02, 1-05, and 2-06. Happy with me finish to this week. Hope you all score lots of silver, errors, proofs and much more! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well! Keep Stacking!

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
05/17/2018 2:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby76 thats a very nice grab from the boxes Congrats
Page: of 1615 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05