Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 25,810 / Views: 1,820,787Next Topic
Page: of 1721
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1612 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabo and Robby the coin slayers for the week, Wow great scores, I cracked 14 boxes last week all skunks. Hopefully I will get some silver this week. Webkin happy to see you are recovered from COVID-19. Now you don't have to worry about catching it again. Looking forward to seeing all the new post this week. Take care.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is wow. Right place at the right time.
23 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Robby Bee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Egad, Cabowabo, how do you do it? Consistently good scores all the time, capped off with the Monster of all time! Unbeleivable...That score beat my best of 260 - 40's and that was 6 years ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of LUCK and a good amount of persistance. When I stumbled across all those halves the other day it started with 2 rolls had about 24-26 silver betwen them. I saw the others in the vault same wrappers and I had a really good feeling they would have silver. I made 3 trips to the bank to make sure I got them all. Again luckily the teller was a doll and kept selling to me. Needless to say I left the teller my name a number and told her to please call me if and when any more halves come in. I keep decent records not as good as some on this forum and that helps. I do have several banks that are fairly consistant with producing silver so naturally they get visited often. I do have days when get nothing but when you have a nice score that's what keeps you coming back. To me it is the thrill of the hunt.I am Lucky again I do have time to invest in the hobby. Sometimes I say to myself when is it enough. Haven't been able to answer that yet so I guess the hunt will continue for a little while longer. I hope I wasn't to long winded.
23 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Robby Bee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still - most impressive accomplishment you have achieved over the last 18 months or so. It seems every week you have another $100 in melt that you got from banks and not boxes, and no skunks. What makes it even more impressive is that both of us are in NY Metro, which has been tapped out for the most part. Your time dedication must be significant...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1612 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This week is another skunk week, that puts me at 26 boxes in a row without scoring any silver. Robby Bee This hobby is a roller-coaster ride for sure, One can go months scoring silver every week and then boom, nothing for weeks. When I started it was very slow, then I hit some a couple Monster Boxes, and silver flowed really well then slowed again. Persistence pays off. The most skunks boxes in a row so far has been 58 boxes, I am up to 26 this week and I hope I don't get to 58. I believe there are individuals here that has had more than 58 in a row with out scoring silver. Just don't give up, we all go through these cycles.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got these from 2 different banks last week.
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got these from 2 different banks last week.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, 26 box skunk streak, I feel so much better. Sorry for your luck.
My normal 2 boxes, first box 1 silver every 5 rolls. Found 4 40% then in roll 25 found the '64 90%. Second box noting but some NIFC.
These included a nice 2001.
The '64, '67x2, '68, '69.
And this decent 1977S
Also found a very slick worn Kennedy, both sides, saved it too. GL HH Webekin
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1612 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabo, Webekin Nice score. Things have slowed a bit this month, Cracked 12 Boxes with 9 were skunks, I pulled 4 pieces of silver, 1-65,2-67, and 1-68. 2-NIFC, 1-11D and 1-16P plus a 1-77S Clad Proof. It wasn't a great week, yet a much better week than last week. Wishing you all a blessed weekend. I might get lucky and get another 4 boxes tomorrow, that is a hit or miss bank. Good Luck Everyone!

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
10/22/2020 4:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I pulled 4 pieces of silver, 1-65,2-67, and 1-68. 2-NIFC, 1-11D and 1-16P plus a 1-77S Clad Proof. It wasn't a great week, yet a much better week than last week.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see the skunk streak end arby. Congrats to you and Webekin on your scores.
Page: of 1721 Replies: 25,810 / Views: 1,820,787Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05